The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mali473
Did you get a or b for the first questions on exhalation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A; volume of thorax was less, diaphragm was curved
Original post by Jitesh
I got that as well

I got that too and worked it backwards to see if it worked and i think it did...
What do you write for the 2nd six marker? It was a **** paper tbh, a lot of speculative questions
Original post by mm_7
it was hard to understand what they were asking

same I did an f212 past paper this morning and a lot of questions werenm't related to the spec (excluding smoking etc).. like the 'suggest ones' so I was unsure if I should give a bog standard answer or throw some biology in somehow?
Original post by OddFuturez
What do you write for the 2nd six marker? It was a **** paper tbh, a lot of speculative questions

deoxygenated blood lower gradient for diffusion etc
Swear it was the same question as 2015 B7 OCR 21C if you did that?!
Original post by Jitesh
same I did an f212 past paper this morning and a lot of questions werenm't related to the spec (excluding smoking etc).. like the 'suggest ones' so I was unsure if I should give a bog standard answer or throw some biology in somehow?

same i had to like read the question 2-3 times to understand what they were testing
Original post by Jitesh

you do know smoking and health were on the old spec...
Guys does saying "single circuit cycle" and "double circuit cycle" does thst make sense or will i not get the marks fml

Most of my revision wasted lol
Original post by mm_7
same i had to like read the question 2-3 times to understand what they were testing

Same! They better not screw us over next year

Spoiler

Original post by Jitesh
Same! They better not screw us over next year

Spoiler

i agree! i hope i make it to next year!!
Original post by SuperHuman98
Guys does saying "single circuit cycle" and "double circuit cycle" does thst make sense or will i not get the marks fml

BoD but it sounds fine

For the fish q?
Original post by Jitesh
Was it not like 1340% ?! ****

I got 3140
Original post by asinghj
I got 3140

same
Original post by mm_7
i agree! i hope i make it to next year!!

Breadth was more like the F212 and F211 papers (and the papers before that as well) but depth was quite different NGL
Original post by Jitesh
BoD but it sounds fine

For the fish q?

Yeah
Original post by Jitesh
ye I got that

Sameeee

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuperHuman98

it's stupid how only like 20% of all that content is tested... or not even that.
I had no idea what to say for the comparison between mammalian and frog circulatory systems, I just said something about the frog's being less efficient due to mixed blood & a lower diffusion gradient. It was a six marker as well, I could cry.
Original post by asinghj
I got 3140

yeah I got 3140 just typed it the wrong way around
Original post by asinghj
I got 3140

Me too!

Quick Reply

Latest