The Student Room Group

AQA english language exam 7/6/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Edmar Hadad
you must have lenient invigilators

Do you have invigilators that are members of staff at your school or from AQA?
I didn't analyse the sub heading for question two and I did question five like an article because I misread the question. Am I likely to lose marks for that?
Original post by uzzi255
HELP. I didnt write much for qn 6. My teacher told me to put the pen down but i continued writing for like 20 more seconds. She then came and crossed 2 lines off from my answer. I hadnt wrote much so it was important
. Was she allowed to do that?

If that was in my school I would have been disqualified. The hawk/teacher screams at you if you don't stop writing in 0.0001 seconds :colonhash:
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Do you have invigilators that are members of staff at your school or from AQA?

our teachers get kicked out before the exam starts
Original post by Oblivion99
i just need at least 55/80, is that too much for my examiner? :angry:

Yeah same, looking at last year's boundaries and adding my CA I need 55 minimum as well :redface:
our teachers get kicked out before the exam starts

They're not teachers but other members of staff like cleaners, receptionists etc...
Original post by luciie
Do you know your exact coursework mark? I'd be able to give you a more accurate answer then.

my coursework mark is 42.
Original post by luciie
Wait are you sure question 5 was a letter?

Yes unfortunately, I thought it was odd how they did it in Q5 rather than Q6...
I read this! That is either a typing error or because the candidates were severely dumb! (I think November is also the month for resits, so they aren't the most intelligent).

Yeah I thought the same thing tbh :colondollar: In the other years it had been around 23% or something but I have a feeling it wasn't a typo :biggrin:
Original post by surina16
Yeah same, looking at last year's boundaries and adding my CA I need 55 minimum as well :redface:

How well did you do in your coursework?
Original post by Himtiaz
How well did you do in your coursework?

I got around 76 or so out of 80. You? :smile:
They're not teachers but other members of staff like cleaners, receptionists etc...

Ours are some old people. They're the same year in year out
nope our actual teachers like head of years english teachers etc get kicked out only people that stay are invigilators.

anyway:

I got 70/75 in my lang CA how many marks would i need in the test out of 80 to get an A*?
Original post by surina16
I got around 76 or so out of 80. You? :smile:

I'm not sure. I got 19 19 19 30 and 39. I think the one out of 30 is Lit and the first two are averaged or something. I'd probably say 76 as well.

But shouldn't that help more than just 2 marks for the A*?
Reply 154
how many marks do we need to get in total (on average) for both the exam and CA to get A*, A and B? Does anyone average marks? cos i did bad in this exam but got A in CA...
(edited 7 years ago)
nope our actual teachers like head of years english teachers etc get kicked out only people that stay are invigilators.

anyway:

I got 70/75 in my lang CA how many marks would i need in the test out of 80 to get an A*?

probably low 60s im guessing
How many marks would you get for question 1 if you mainly picked out relevant quotes and wrote something like from this article I understand that "too many seaside towns suffer from deprivation,seasonality and an ageing population" . I also understand ..and did this several times with a few interpretations and embedded quotes 8 times , each sentence being a new point
Original post by epage

Usually I keep my timings pretty well but I spent too long on the first few and was left with only 40 mins to do questions 5 and 6. Although, I did manage to finish both my answers and fill up all the space available for question 6, so it might be alright :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My mate wrote as much as you for 6 and he got 7 out of 24 looool i ended up gettin 18 for like 3 paragraphs lool

My mate wrote as much as you for 6 and he got 7 out of 24 looool i ended up gettin 18 for like 3 paragraphs lool
Original post by babymarima
you found question 1 terrible?! That's the only question I feel emotionally stable on. I was like using my economics skill to infer stuff and it was getting deep. But if you've made 8 points with your quotations, you're sure to get a good mark, because you've basically covered the majority of the points in the text.

I agree, question 2 was better than I thought it was gonna be

I dunno how you read between the lines for question 3, you must have skill because I could not even understand the basics of what the guy in the source was saying.

Yeah, question 5 I just sweeped in it's effect on me in my conclusion because ain't nobody got time to be getting deep inbetween paragraphs lmao

Question 6, basics the same as you, it felt more like an advertisement: I was just persuading people to travel etc, I can only hope it didn't get too informal

Well, I got a 2/8 in my mock so I guess, now I have a phobia of Question 1. But I did as much as I could, even went as far to write 2 pages for it, while everyone else was WAYY ahead.

Question 3, man, I rushed so much, I focused a lot on how he wasn't scared, but he recognized that he should be, and he was trying to hold onto his level-headedness, throughout the whole ordeal. But the guy felt something in every paragraph, and I was dying trying to complete everything.

Question 5, I put in some things about 'making me stronger' at the beginning, but idk if that'll be enough? I mean, wtf.

Question 6 was kinda informal, ngl, hope I don't drop marks for that.

How's your coursework grade? Mine's a 70/80, so I'd need about a 62 for a guaranteed A*. I personally found this exam harder than last year's, so I hope the grade boundaries take a hit. xP
Reply 159
I didn't know we were meant to write about the SUB-HEADLINE in question 2!!!!! How many marks will I lose if I did 2 paras about the headline and 2 about the image

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending