The Student Room Group

What is the American Psyche?

Can someone give me a brief explanation, please? I've tried to look it up but I can only seem to find university essays and lectures. It's for the context of a book I'm studying for English Literature ('All My Sons', to be specific).

Thanks in advance.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by null.and.void.
Can someone give me a brief explanation, please? I've tried to look it up but I can only seem to find university essays and lectures. It's for the context of a book I'm studying for English Literature ('All My Sons', to be specific).

Thanks in advance.

https://www.emaze.com/@AOFFOOIC/American-Psyche-and-American-Literature

It's basically the term that describes what it means to be American and how is this represented through the psyche of American authors/characters.

So things like the American Dream, Freedom of Free Speech, North v. South. Etc. So it's all about what it means to be American in the mind of these characters.

Quick Reply

Latest