The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beth000
For the % increase I added 100% to 3140% so my answer was 3240% as 51/100 * 3240 = 1652(original value)
Whereas if you times it by 3140% it only gives you 1601 (which isn't the original value)? Idk if this is right but a similar question came up in my business exam and you had to add 100% to the final percentage ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was percentage increase, not percentage change.

It increased from 100% to 3240% so the percentage increase was 3240-100 = 3140%
Original post by medicapplicant
is there an unofficial mark scheme yet and does anyone know if someone uploads the test like the alevelchemistry guy on twitter

No not yet, but there will be soon... and no idea
Original post by beth000
For the % increase I added 100% to 3140% so my answer was 3240% as 51/100 * 3240 = 1652(original value)
Whereas if you times it by 3140% it only gives you 1601 (which isn't the original value)? Idk if this is right but a similar question came up in my business exam and you had to add 100% to the final percentage ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

image.jpeg
Original post by 11234
Thats what I thiught at first but then the zygote went from 2n to n so I just went with meiosis

same
Well that didn't go as planned :colonhash:
Original post by brownlands
image.jpeg

Oh damn:/ thanks anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
in a worst case scenario, how high do you think that the biology grade boundaries will be for an A. Could they be like 60/70?
Original post by brodingoson
Yeah sounds about right, im thinking an A being 54/55

I doubt an A will be 55. That's nearly 80% lol. Unit 2 was normally around 70% and unit 1 was normally just a bit higher, not more than 75% ish... This had lots of ambiguous questions and was quite practical based and we had the whole content rather than split in half and it is a new spec..
I got 3140% to 3 significant figures ?
Original post by brownlands
So when you're doing a multiplier like 2*1.25, to calculate percentage increase it's 1.25*100-100, to give you 25%. Same concept

Oh okay that makes sense
I think 50 for an A
What did you guys suggest what other problem the honey bee has?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ronnydandam
I doubt an A will be 55. That's nearly 80% lol. Unit 2 was normally around 70% and unit 1 was normally just a bit higher, not more than 75% ish... This had lots of ambiguous questions and was quite practical based and we had the whole content rather than split in half and it is a new spec..

I agree with this, also, we have no one resitting the exam and pushing boundaries up :smile:
Original post by ronnydandam

Yeah i guess but most people found it relatively easy in my 42 people class
Original post by TheChosenOne1
in a worst case scenario, how high do you think that the biology grade boundaries will be for an A. Could they be like 60/70?

No way. I think the highest it would be 56/70, but 52/70 seems likely for this paper.
Original post by Yukio.X
You had to say that the person had to breath in at the strongest possible inhalation and breathe out at the strongest possible exhalation ect

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't you also have to say that you can only breathe through your mouth and not nose
Original post by brodingoson
Yeah i guess but most people found it relatively easy in my 42 people class

it wasn't that easy - you may think you've got the questions right but OCR are very pinickity on wording in their mark schemes and the ambiguity of the questions will lead to a lot of marks lost
Reply 1337
Original post by DaVinciGirl
What did you guys suggest what other problem the honey bee has?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote something like the thing that had bitten it could be a be a vector and pass a disease. I had no idea
Am I the only one with 1 as the degrees of freedom value?
I did 2 categories as there was 2 tissues... So 2-1=1.
But everyone else got 3 and used 4 categories as in prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase?So 4-1=3

Hmm.
what did people put for why the student t test wasn't suitable? I had no clue

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending