The Student Room Group

AQA AS BIO Unit 2 OLD SPEC RESIT Tue 7th June (pm) 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kira Yagami
What did you guys put for the sewage one???

Sewage contains food? Nutrients? There is no variety of food so only some species can survive and reproduce?

Species that are adapted survive and reproduce whereas other species die?

I don't know.... something like that.

Once again I might not be right but I said the sewage brings more members of the same species and the number of different species remains the same

I tried to relate it to the equation and since every part was about the equation it seemed quite logical
Original post by maggie43
Omg I I just had a look at the WJEC papers... I want to cry loooool. Its sooo easy

HAHAHAHAHA Thank you :smile:

Like it is just FACT RECALL. LIKE THAT's IT!
Original post by Fishhy34
isn't it the other way around because you get homologous chromosome pairs in meiosis?

All I remember is that I ticked the first box for the first one and then the second and third box for the second one?
Original post by arronpile
percentage difference was 56??

Can't remember exactly but I think you'd be right if you literally just found the difference between the two points at 4kPa.
It was ****ing ****
Reply 166
Original post by Suits101
Once again I might not be right but I said the sewage brings more members of the same species and the number of different species remains the same

I tried to relate it to the equation and since every part was about the equation it seemed quite logical

I said sewage changes living conditions. Ones which survive reproduce. Others die. Because only a few survived the index is low because there are fewer different species.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awful exam feel like **** rn :frown: can we even resit As modules now ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
that was a super ugly paper
Reply 169
The flipping terriers! I didn't understand those at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same
Original post by lahigueraxxx
For the tick boxes, I ticked all three for the first row and then only the middle box for the second row
Original post by hw22
what is a temporary mount?

Original post by Kwaks
I just said make a slide using clear vanish and sellotape. Looool I don't even know 😭😭😭😭😭Posted from TSR Mobile

I just put something along the lines of ....take a cross-sectional sample of the leaf and place it in an isotonic solution to prevent damages to the cells due to osmosis of water and the breakdown of the cells by the leaf's own enzymes. Stain the tissues to allow identification of the different cells in the leaves.
Original post by lahigueraxxx
For the tick boxes, I ticked all three for the first row and then only the middle box for the second row

Thats what i got!!! :smile:
Original post by maggie43
So why are you here???
Did you come to show off?

Nah to see if the paper is difficult, this could be representative of 4+5. But if you reckon I'm showing off, you must be jealous. RIP you and your poor resit
Reply 174
Original post by CourtlyCanter
I just put something along the lines of ....take a cross-sectional sample of the leaf and place it in an isotonic solution to prevent damages to the cells due to osmosis of water and the breakdown of the cells by the leaf's own enzymes. Stain the tissues to allow identification of the different cells in the leaves.

I think you're right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 175
Original post by Sacred Ground
Nah to see if the paper is difficult, this could be representative of 4+5. But if you reckon I'm showing off, you must be jealous. RIP you and your poor resit

Looool savage 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kira Yagami
The 6 marker was ****.

completely agree
as soon as i saw it i died inside
Original post by Sacred Ground

Hi :smile: do you no if we can still resit As modules for science? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
So what now? I was probably ready for this exam before i started revision for this retake...

So yeah lets just move on and see how they're gonna F us up in Biol 4 and Biol 5...

We can't do anything, all we can do is just hope and be pissed off.
Original post by Suits101
Does anyone actually know about the tick box mitosis/meiosis one?

I did:

Part of mitosis: 1
Homologous chromosomes present: 2,3

(Might be the other way around)

It should be;
First row: only the first box because it had homologous chromosomes lining up in the centre
Second row: last two because they had only a single chromosme attached to each spindle fibre and not pairs
Hope it makes sense
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending