The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luchamb
Was the gas exchange one just small so large sa:v and thin short diffusion pathway?

Yeah that's what I wrote.
Original post by lilyjacks
For the diameter question I got 2.9 for the disinfectant question and then the ratio question I got 3.6:1

i got close to that for the ratio :biggrin:
Reply 682
For the phosphate question I put about how phosphate is needed for making nucleotides for DNA replication so mitosis (and therefore growth) can occur. Anyone think that's reasonable aha?

The question about chilling was also... umm... interesting. Doubt I got even 1 mark there.

But for most of it, it went alright, but it could have been a lot better. It's always the application that causes the issues.

That 5 marker on cellulose and starch was a lovely thing to find at the end! :biggrin:
What did people put for the mutation question and how it leads to a non functional protein.
Any predictions on grade boundaries guys...???
Also for the area / diameter question I had 2.9 however the question said how many times more so I made it 1.9.... Am I wrong
Original post by yas28
Does anyone have any predictions for grade boundaries?

hopefully like 60% for an A:frown: probably not though :frown:
Original post by Namita Gurung
I thought this Paper 2 was a lot better than Paper 1 - probably because there was more time for revision. :u:

Surprisingly, there was a lot more on practical work and not much on the ventilation and heart.

What did you guys write for question 2 about the exo and edo enzymes and why both of them working together is better.
Think I got that one wrong :redface:

i think i also got it wrong but i wrote some crap bout more enzymes working on the protien so woukd break down faster

and the book says ntn abut it soo ..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chelseaoscar15
What did people put for the mutation question and how it leads to a non functional protein.

Different base sequence, amino acid seq bonds form different and different tertiary structure i think
Hey guys, a few questions...
1. How many marks were the stroke volume and phosphate on embryo growth questions worth?
2. For the question where it said why did she have to calculate a mean number of stomata, I said because different species of leaves have different numbers or stomata and that because stomata exist both on the top and underside of the leaf - is this correct?
3. For the question about the precautions before taking the FEV1 mean, I said use equal numbers of both genders and incorporate both smokers and non-smokers into the calculation - is this correct?
Thanks
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
hopefully like 60% for an A:frown: probably not though :frown:

Usually for paper 2 its about 68%
Original post by Csd1999
What did everyone get for the phosphate contributing to growth question? And did anyone get a ratio of 1:0.275 for the ratio question and 2.86 for the times better D was

i got around 2.sumn for the d one so :biggrin:
Original post by Yoghurthit
Any predictions on grade boundaries guys...???
Also for the area / diameter question I had 2.9 however the question said how many times more so I made it 1.9.... Am I wrong

I measured each radius and divided one by the other to find out how many times bigger D was compared to B and I got something around 1.8 or 1.9.
Original post by neyscar
66.7 but wasn't sure

yeah i think it was cause it was about 0.9 secs until the volume started repeating
Reply 693
Original post by DRe90
For the phosphate question I put about how phosphate is needed for making nucleotides for DNA replication so mitosis (and therefore growth) can occur. Anyone think that's reasonable aha?

The question about chilling was also... umm... interesting. Doubt I got even 1 mark there.

But for most of it, it went alright, but it could have been a lot better. It's always the application that causes the issues.

That 5 marker on cellulose and starch was a lovely thing to find at the end! :biggrin:

Yeah those last 5 markers definitely helped boost my grade haha
Original post by Harryg123456
I put endopeptidases breaks it down into two polypeptides and then the exopeptidases can then act on four ends instead of two not sure if it's right though

That's more detail than what I wrote. I panicked on it since I don't remember seeing it in the textbook or the specification.

Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
i think i also got it wrong but i wrote some crap bout more enzymes working on the protien so woukd break down fasterand the book says ntn abut it soo ..

That's what I wrote as well. How many marks was it? It was only 1 right?
I got 4:1 for the ratio as it has to be in its simplest form in whole numbers. The enzyme was pepsin right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
first bad ting i seen on da paper was that ugly experimental qooestion about HIV. Me never read such a durty qooestion in mah life. the qooestion was pure aids.

srsly doe mi bredrin, i got 15:4 for da ratiooo

also how do u answer the no on functional protein receptor bumbaraas qooestion??!

I got very annoyed half wey tru so mi rolled a doobie on da table so me cud get higher dan mi grades
Original post by laney1999
I got 4:1 for the ratio as it has to be in its simplest form in whole numbers. The enzyme was pepsin right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

dipeptidase
What did you guys write about the question why the scientists drew the conclusion, it was about HIV and natural selection.
Original post by Namita Gurung
That's more detail than what I wrote. I panicked on it since I don't remember seeing it in the textbook or the specification.

That's what I wrote as well. How many marks was it? It was only 1 right?

think it was 1 or 2 and its not in the textbook at all i just checked sadly well hope we get it right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending