The Student Room Group

AQA AS BIO Unit 2 OLD SPEC RESIT Tue 7th June (pm) 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arronpile
what was the answer for explaining advantage of the graph where the blood flow decreased during exercise

I just said ppl with that thing (starts with an a, can't remember what it was) have haemoglobin that have a low oxygen affinity. This means they take on oxygen less easily but unload/dissociate them more readily. (The following was a complete guess) This means these people can move/exercise quicker as there is more oxygen for the cells respiring aerobically during an exercise and a higher rate of respiration means more energy is produced in the form of ATP.

No idea.
@BA.Peluso Rt Hon

I thought this was quite a tricky paper in comparison to previous years :frown:
Did the question say how many bases in a haemoglobin or something else?
What did you put for the question about tissue fluid or water uptake by plants? I can't remember... oh wait...

They didn't ask anything about it! Instead they chose to test us on micoscopes and how to prepare cells and find mean number of cholorplasts!!!! LIKE WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phylogenetic group: Groups based on evolutionary history/relationships
Species: a group of similar organisms able to reproduce to produce fertile offspring
Phylum, Order, Genus, Species (the boxes that were not filled - I think these were it?)
Circle question: missing answer
Nucleotide sequence: Two species (can't remember names of the tigers) have the same nucleotide sequence for part of a gene so they are more closely related species. The other species has a different nucleotide sequence for part of a gene so it is less closely related to the other two species.

I can't remember the order of questions but:

Quaternary (structure)
432 DNA bases
56(%)
Person with anaemia has haemoglobin with a lower affinity for oxygen at a higher pO2
So haemoglobin readily unloads from oxygen at the respiring tissues for more respiration
Genetic diversity: the total number of different alleles in a population (the variation in alleles)
Species diversity: the total number of organisms of each species and the total number of organisms of all species (within a community)
Measurements needed: (total) number of organisms of each species and total number of organisms of all species
Spiracles
Tracheoles
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 205
Original post by mopsybunny
Did the question say how many bases in a haemoglobin or something else?

Minimum number of bases to make up 1 alpha polypeptide chain in haemoglobin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ibraldo
it should be;
first row: Only the first box because it had homologous chromosomes lining up in the centre
second row: Last two because they had only a single chromosme attached to each spindle fibre and not pairs
hope it makes sense

thats exactly what i did :d
Original post by Sniperdon227
please stop paying aqa

Ikr but i need another shot at this **** -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sexybadman
Hi :smile: do you no if we can still resit As modules for science? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

After this year, no you can't resit old spec AS modules
Original post by Kira Yagami
the one about insects....

Spricalses open, oxygen diffuses in down conc gradient to the tracheoles where oxygen diffuses into cells for respiration?

I said that there is a steep conc gradient because oxygen is being used up repsiring tissues.

As it was asking about the movement of air (I think), I just put air enters into tracheal system through spiracles and into the tranchae and then tracheoles which go directly into the cells. Oxygen diffuses into respiring cells down the oxygen concentration gradient. It can diffuse out as trachioles are thin and permeable to gases like oxygen and CO2.

What do you think?
Reply 210
Original post by Suits101
Phylogenetic group: Groups based on evolutionary history/relationships
Species: a group of similar organisms able to reproduce to produce fertile offspring
Phylum, Order, Genus, Species (the boxes that were not filled - I think these were it?)
Circle question: missing answer
Nucleotide sequence: Two species (can't remember names of the tigers) have the same nucleotide sequence for part of a gene so they are more closely related species. The other species has a different nucleotide sequence for part of a gene so it is less closely related to the other two species.

I can't remember the order of questions but:

Quaternary (structure)
432 DNA bases
56(%)
Person with anaemia has haemoglobin with a lower affinity for oxygen at a higher pO2
So haemoglobin readily unloads from oxygen at the respiring tissues for more respiration
Genetic diversity: the total number of different alleles in a population (the variation in alleles)
Species diversity: the total number of organisms of each species and the total number of organisms of all species (within a community)
Measurements needed: (total) number of organisms of each species and total number of organisms of all species
Spiracles
Trachea

I put tracheoles because it said directly to and from the cells

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kwaks
I put tracheoles because it said directly to and from the cells

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ignore me so did I :tongue:
Original post by CourtlyCanter
As it was asking about the movement of air (I think), I just put air enters into tracheal system through spiracles and into the tranchae and then tracheoles which go directly into the cells. Oxygen diffuses into respiring cells down the oxygen concentration gradient. It can diffuse out as trachioles are thin and permeable to gases like oxygen and CO2.

What do you think?

Yes I put this, oxygen enters through spiracles --> trachea --> tracheoles. Down the diffusion gradient, low oxygen concentration in tissues, and so oxygen diffuses down the gradient.

I did two circles, one genus one species

Then labelled genus one with their names (e.g Tiger - genus name clouded leopard - genus name) and same for species

Is this right?

Exactly what I did, only that I didn't put 'genus' and 'species' down but just their genus and species names respectively.
Reply 214
Ignore me so did I :tongue:

Lool 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kwaks
Minimum number of bases to make up 1 alpha polypeptide chain in haemoglobin

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn!! I did number in haemoglobin
Original post by Kwaks
Said: Blood leaves kidney via renal vein.
Joins vena Cava.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought you put John Cena haha
Reply 217
Exactly what I did, only that I didn't put 'genus' and 'species' down but just their genus and species names respectively.

Yep I did that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 218
I thought you put John Cena haha

Looooool now that you said it, I can see it 😂😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good!

I drew two circles.
First circle I wrote:

Genus; Tiger - whatever it was, Clouded leopard - whatever it was
Then I did the same for the second circle but with species :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending