The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Does anyone by some chance have notes on a content analysis for health psychology as I missed it in lesson and am seriously struggling to see where I can get all the information about data analysis from etc. We did an ana lysis of ed sheeran songs the a team and drunk to see the number of direct/indirect references and the number of positive/negative references. Apart from the coding units of looking at positive, negative etc I have no idea what I could say.
If a D&E question come up for autism how would you go about the evaluation? I can get my head around AO1 by describing the two different theories but then I have no notes or idea on how to evaluate them?
Design a field experiment that could be used to investigate theeffectiveness of the token economy programme in the prison.You may wish to consider procedure, apparatus, design and controls. (5 marks)

can anyone help? just give a few points saying what you'd use and why. i never know what to write for these questions

i feel like they may ask this tomorrow
Original post by bella1234567
If a D&E question come up for autism how would you go about the evaluation? I can get my head around AO1 by describing the two different theories but then I have no notes or idea on how to evaluate them?

I don't think we need to evaluate the explanations of autism? If it is a 12 marker it would encompass a scenario that we have to link to, so the question would require you to: talk about characteristics, then both explanations and then relate it to the scenario for all 12 marks :smile:
Original post by chickenfoot
Design a field experiment that could be used to investigate theeffectiveness of the token economy programme in the prison.You may wish to consider procedure, apparatus, design and controls. (5 marks)

can anyone help? just give a few points saying what you'd use and why. i never know what to write for these questions

i feel like they may ask this tomorrow

Would that really be a question? I don't feel like I've seen anything like that before :colondollar:
I guess the sample would be something like two groups of prisoners, one is on the programme and one isn't so the design would be independent groups
Then I wouldn't really know where to go from there :frown:
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I don't think we need to evaluate the explanations of autism? If it is a 12 marker it would encompass a scenario that we have to link to, so the question would require you to: talk about characteristics, then both explanations and then relate it to the scenario for all 12 marks :smile:

Thank you so much, I can stop stressing out so much now hahah
Would that really be a question? I don't feel like I've seen anything like that before :colondollar:
I guess the sample would be something like two groups of prisoners, one is on the programme and one isn't so the design would be independent groups
Then I wouldn't really know where to go from there :frown:

it's a legit question lmao. i just missed out the first bit. it's from like 2014 or 2011

yeeaah! youre on the right track!
you could talk about what you'd use for tokens and rewards? i think
it's a legit question lmao. i just missed out the first bit. it's from like 2014 or 2011

yeeaah! youre on the right track!
you could talk about what you'd use for tokens and rewards? i think

I googled it and yeah you're right hahah it was 2014

And yeah I guess you'd set up what tokens are/what rewards would be given (asking each prisoner what they'd want such as extra visiting hours) then you'd have to operationalise what behaviours you want/deem as rewardable behaviour. Then do this for a month or so and see if there's any improvements in experimental group. Not entirely sure what the controls would be though
lol thanks for bringing this up, I'll make sure I plan it now :smile:
I googled it and yeah you're right hahah it was 2014

And yeah I guess you'd set up what tokens are/what rewards would be given (asking each prisoner what they'd want such as extra visiting hours) then you'd have to operationalise what behaviours you want/deem as rewardable behaviour. Then do this for a month or so and see if there's any improvements in experimental group. Not entirely sure what the controls would be though
lol thanks for bringing this up, I'll make sure I plan it now :smile:

i'm doing it now. i'll put it here after and we can compare our answers and make the perfect one :tongue:

so we'd have an IV and DV
IV: the groups will be divided
DV: the behaviour of the experimental or both groups(?) through operationalising desirable behaviour

uhh is the right??
i'm doing it now. i'll put it here after and we can compare our answers and make the perfect one :tongue:

DV: the behaviour of the experimental or both groups(?) through operationalising desirable behaviour

uhh is the right??

I think the IV would be whether the group has the TEP or not so pretty much what you said but more specific to the question.
Then yeah the DV would be the good behaviour shown by the prisoners I guess

I'm currently focusing on child studies but I'll post my answer too when I've done it :smile:

yep :smile: no evaluation for autism :smile:

uhh is the right??

I tried to do this question the other day it's so difficult!

Wouldn't the IV be whether the group was part of the token economy programme?
I think the DV is right and it would be of both groups I think so you can compare the behaviour of the experimental group to the behaviour of the control group

Ah i hate this question
Original post by psychemma

I think the DV is right and it would be of both groups I think so you can compare the behaviour of the experimental group to the behaviour of the control group

Ah i hate this question

If it came up 2014 it seems unlikely, I have a feeling they may ask about anger management this year? Although TEPs didn't really come up last year :frown: They probably will focus on treatments but it'll be more of a basic describe and evaluate (that's just my thoughts lol don't take my word for it)
Does anyone have any good detail about the tolerance of heroin as I only really have that more is needed to be taken to get the same effects as when it was taken the first time?

Ah i hate this question

yeah it is

IV: the prisoners will be divided into two groups - experimental group (exposed to TEP) and control group (not exposed)

DV: the behaviour of both groups, whether the experimental groups behaviour had improved compared to the control group

it's easier once we all work together :-)
If it came up 2014 it seems unlikely, I have a feeling they may ask about anger management this year? Although TEPs didn't really come up last year :frown: They probably will focus on treatments but it'll be more of a basic describe and evaluate (that's just my thoughts lol don't take my word for it)

yeah but they like plan your own essays questions. i think explanations of anti-social behaviour and treatments have been over used.

we might get our practical, key issue and plan your own study - these seem due
tbh i dont mind these
Does anyone have any good detail about the tolerance of heroin as I only really have that more is needed to be taken to get the same effects as when it was taken the first time?

Tolerance of heroin develops very quickly and results in cross tolerance with all similar drugs. Dosage rates may increase tenfold within 3-4 months which would kill a non-user. The slowing down effect on the body's mechanisms does not develop tolerance. This means heart rate remains slow causing low blood pressure and breathing remains depressed. Additionally, as the digestion system is underactive the user may be permanently constipated. Sex drive is also likely to be low and prolonged abstinence leads to depression.

This is what I have for tolerance
yeah but they like plan your own essays questions. i think explanations of anti-social behaviour and treatments have been over used.

we might get our practical, key issue and plan your own study - these seem due
tbh i dont mind these

I can't stand practicals really, the results are fine, it's just how we did it haha, it seems so long ago
I can't stand practicals really, the results are fine, it's just how we did it haha, it seems so long ago

im the opposite, but i'll just wing it.

what have you got left in terms of revision
im the opposite, but i'll just wing it.

what have you got left in terms of revision

I've pretty much done crime, aside from the evidence of practice which I am about to do. Then for child, I just need to go over separation/deprivation studies (which is unlikely to come up really as it was 12 marks last year) and cross cultural research.
I'm not feeling too worried about this exam really, it seems the easiest of the exams I have left :laugh:

Yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending