The Student Room Group

Edexcel Official Biology A Paper 2:Development,Plants and the Environment-7th of June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
And how many marks was it?
found that paper quite hard there were come good question yet timing was the issue and the wording wasn't always clear. Struggled a little on the one about the presence of mRNA in liver cells and protein in the other cells.
Original post by Alex Day
i didn't see one. I am doing old spec resist so we might not have done the same paper. What is polyspermy?

It was a question to do with the function of cortical granules I think. Polyspermy is multiple sperm cells entering the egg cell.
Reply 43
Original post by jwalker141
It was a question to do with the function of cortical granules I think. Polyspermy is multiple sperm cells entering the egg cell.

oh ok. No there was definitely no question about Polyspermy or cortical granules.
Original post by Lucy198
Was there a question where you had to label a sperm cell????

yep there was
Original post by sciencemad1999
found that paper quite hard there were come good question yet timing was the issue and the wording wasn't always clear. Struggled a little on the one about the presence of mRNA in liver cells and protein in the other cells.

are you talking about the Biology Unit 2 Edexcel Retake? Because I don't remember seeing that.. :0
Reply 46
Original post by violetdiamondss
are you talking about the Biology Unit 2 Edexcel Retake? Because I don't remember seeing that.. :0
There was nothing about liver cells in the retake
Original post by lauren_dubai98
omg thank god okay I did do that question, what did you write for the one asking to explain the difference in distribution of mRNA and the protein?

The key to that question was to realise the genes coding for the afp protein was only activated in the liver.Once you realised that ,everything else clicked.
Original post by Kadak
The key to that question was to realise the genes coding for the afp protein was only activated in the liver.Once you realised that ,everything else clicked.

Do you its alright if I said that the mRNA cannot leave the cell but the protein does?
Original post by samoo311
Do you its alright if I said that the mRNA cannot leave the cell but the protein does?

Not really sure.Mark scheme is unpredictable.
Original post by Kadak
Not really sure.Mark scheme is unpredictable.

Oh ok thanks!
What did you get for that calculation question of how much larger the egg cell of the eel it?
Ice age and anti-freeze question was very odd
Oh ok thanks!
What did you get for that calculation question of how much larger the egg cell of the eel it?

i said 390 (2sf)
everyone is talking about hebrew being on the paper? can someone please clarify
Original post by lauren_dubai98
Wasn't the last question about the allele combinations of the gametes?! please don't tell me I left out a page haha

I think they're talking about the second to last question as in the one with the ice age
Original post by nicoledsk
everyone is talking about hebrew being on the paper? can someone please clarify

Lol it was the question about staph infection in wounds and the salve treatment
Original post by mydearestpotato
Lol it was the question about staph infection in wounds and the salve treatment

ohhh was it about salve being a hebrew remedy?
Reply 57
what did everyone get for why the best fit line was invalid or something?
Oh ok thanks!

I got 387.
Original post by nicoledsk
i said 390 (2sf)

I got 387.The fact we got such a small range between our answers is good though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending