The Student Room Group

Gcse english language 2016 help!!

Hello. I really hope someone could help me because I am so worried about this.

Basically, in my coursework I have a very strong B, like 63 I think , which my teacher told me that it was like maybe 1-3 marks away from an A.

Today I did my English language exam (I am doing Higher) , and I dont know what happened but I got confused with the timing because I could not see the board properly since I was at the back of the hall, all I could see was 11:37. So I thought that that was when the exam finished.

I started and did Question 1 to question 4 and I feel like they were very good. Then I started with Question 6 first and I kind of finished it but then suddenly the time was over and I didnt even read question 5!!!!! I could not belived it, I wanted to cry so bad because I have always passed English in the mocks and I got confused with timing that I didnt have time to do question 5...

So my question is, what probabilty is that I could have a C on this exam? My folder is almost an A,like 63 out of 80 but I think I might get like maximum 40 in the language exam. .

Please help me or if you know somebody who experienced the same as me how did they do it on the results? thank you..
Reply 1
Exam board?
Original post by andrea.yepesgil
Hello. I really hope someone could help me because I am so worried about this.

Basically, in my coursework I have a very strong B, like 63 I think , which my teacher told me that it was like maybe 1-3 marks away from an A.

Today I did my English language exam (I am doing Higher) , and I dont know what happened but I got confused with the timing because I could not see the board properly since I was at the back of the hall, all I could see was 11:37. So I thought that that was when the exam finished.

I started and did Question 1 to question 4 and I feel like they were very good. Then I started with Question 6 first and I kind of finished it but then suddenly the time was over and I didnt even read question 5!!!!! I could not belived it, I wanted to cry so bad because I have always passed English in the mocks and I got confused with timing that I didnt have time to do question 5...

So my question is, what probabilty is that I could have a C on this exam? My folder is almost an A,like 63 out of 80 but I think I might get like maximum 40 in the language exam. .

Please help me or if you know somebody who experienced the same as me how did they do it on the results? thank you..

Without question 5, the maximum you could get is 64. But how good do you think you did in the other questions? A C in the exam is normally around the 40 marks point.
Sorry, AQA :/
Original post by rahuleo
Exam board?
Original post by miless090
Without question 5, the maximum you could get is 64. But how good do you think you did in the other questions? A C in the exam is normally around the 40 marks point.

Well,I feel like I got just 40.. But what would happen if I get like 35 but my coursework is almost A. Do you think that I would still be able to pass?:/:frown:
Do you know what Question 6 asked for? Was it an article or a letter? Please help me out!
Original post by TheMasterofLife
Do you know what Question 6 asked for? Was it an article or a letter? Please help me out!

Question 6 was an article, 5 a letter :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hettyshaw
Question 6 was an article, 5 a letter :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMD I wrote both as a letter! FML
You'll be fine. If you're sure you did well in all yoyr other questions it's more than likely you got a C
Reply 9
I got a 64 for my course work aswell and my teacher said the same thing to me, that I was 1-2 marks away from an A 😭 I was so sad. And damn I kinda got confused with time too but thankfully finished

Anyway I don't think you should be worried as you got a high B in ur course work and if you get let's say 46 marks for the exam that's a low B so it'll be a B over all. No need to worry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending