The Student Room Group

A2 Government and Politics AQA predictions 3a/4a?

Scroll to see replies

Hey would anyone by any chance be able to tell me the 3A past paper questions before jan2013 haven't been able to access them and would be a great help, cheers!
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone know why midterms was a question for elections even though it's not on the spec? thank you
Reply 22
Original post by JoelAtkins
Hey would anyone by any chance be able to tell me the 3A past paper questions before jan2013 haven't been able to access them and would be a great help, cheers!

there all on free exam papers.com
Original post by katemate98
Party decline/renewal is a separate essay to the two-party system one isn't it...

Not necessarily, the question may be specific to a sub-topic, or it can be vague like 'to what extent are US parties considered weak'. Evidence on the disadvatages of the 2 party system, as well as on the decline/renewal debate would be relevant.
Original post by queenaaliyah
Does anyone know why midterms was a question for elections even though it's not on the spec? thank you

It is mentioned on the spec: "the main characteristics of presidential and congressional elections and the main influence on their outcome.
is anyone struggling to remember dates and figures?
Hi guys .. my teacher feels that a question on federalism might be up for the Constitution section and something surrounding civil liberties/protecting citizen's rights for the Judiciary section. Does anybody else have any predictions?
The power of pressure groups compared to parties hasn't come up as a 30 mark since Jan 2013 so that could maybe appear. Also the reasons why some are more successful than others hasn't been a question since 2012, so I'd definitely consider studying a fair bit on their power.
Reply 28
For the Constitution topic, am I right in saying that you would go about a 10 marker on fundamental law as you would for a 10 marker on constitutional sovereignty? Just in explaining the concept/principle of it?
Has anyone got any revision notes for Voting Behavior please?
Reply 30
Does anyone have an essay plan on the question 'despite variations in voting behaviour the two main parties can rely on a core block of support' please!!
My teacher predicted that the executive 30 marker could be on the power of the president, since it hasn't come up in a while!
Reply 32
Original post by Sademajek
is it weird that I'm doing 3B AND 4A?

Me too :biggrin:
Reply 33
For 4A, im doing constitution and judiciary, do you guys have any markes examples where you got a reasonable high mark? (8/10, 25/30?) or any essay plans or useful websites?
Reply 34
Original post by BirdIsWord
Let's make it live boys.
Im doing 3b not 3a but im doing 4a.
What US topics are you guys revising?
Im doing supreme court+Constitution

same :biggrin: what you doing for 3B?
Original post by Maphec
same :biggrin: what you doing for 3B?

Liberalism and Conservatism. Wbu bro?
Reply 36
Original post by BirdIsWord
Liberalism and Conservatism. Wbu bro?

same! have you got any essay plans or anything else that's useful? finding it hard to revise atm :/
Original post by Maphec
same! have you got any essay plans or anything else that's useful? finding it hard to revise atm :/

Nah sorry not yet. Message me by Monday ill have done them. Today im revising USA
Could somebody help me write a 10 marker for originalism/original intent? I cant find anything for this ****. I have like 3 points..
How's everyone feeling about the exams??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending