The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can you please provide more context..?
I think this depends on the situation and what you define as 'coddling' and 'a smal rough patch'.
Reply 3
Original post by hezzlington
Can you please provide more context..?

Its like young people feel entitled to receiving compliments and handouts.
For example you wake up one morning and you feel ugly, omg I need somebody to tell me that I am beautiful.
You get a standard qualification, and you expect a ceremony.
Reply 4
Original post by ivybridge
I think this depends on the situation and what you define as 'coddling' and 'a smal rough patch'.

Okay let me give you an example, there was a thread about a young girl who mask her face with makeup to cover her acne.
I was saying that it was wrong to encourage her, but others were saying the opposite
Original post by Blue_Mason
Okay let me give you an example, there was a thread about a young girl who mask her face with makeup to cover her acne.
I was saying that it was wrong to encourage her, but others were saying the opposite

Not sure how this is a "small rough patch" though...?

It isn't worth encouraging him.

Perhaps he's referring to the acne, as a small patch of rough skin? :holmes:

More likely he's just trying to be controversial and edgy for the sake of attention
Reply 8

Because it is not unusual for a teenager to have acne, hence a small rough patch.
Wtf is coddling?
Original post by ODES_PDES
Wtf is coddling?

ohhhh darling don't worry it's all okay

etc
Original post by Milzime
ohhhh darling don't worry it's all okay

etc

Exactly my point

I think you're mistaking "coddling" and "encouraging" with "minding your own damn business" and "stop attempting to shame her".

They are quite different things.

She might have a very small face?
Reply 14

No, a girl on youtube did a power of makeup video and said her acne made her unhappy but she started to love herself. Now she does makeup because it's fun.
Makeup is art. Also there's a video on youtube called you look disgusting. Even when she wore makeup people called her terrible things online.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Elivercury
I think you're mistaking "coddling" and "encouraging" with "minding your own damn business" and "stop attempting to shame her".

They are quite different things.

Why would you encourage a person to mask their face with makeup, when deep down you know it can only make things worse for the long term?
You would not call her beautiful without makeup
Why would you encourage a person to mask their face with makeup, when deep down you know it can only make things worse for the long term?

There is no encouragement. The question was "what do you think of this girl who wears too much makeup, I think she's gross" (paraphrasing).

Ultimately her makeup is her business and no one else's - there is no encouraging going on, simply leaving her to her business. Does she wear too much make-up? Possibly. Is it any of your concern? Not in the slightest.

Do you go around suggesting to ugly women (or men?) that they put more makeup on to try and improve things?

in a way i understand as if u put make-up on acne wouldnt it make it worse, instead you should leave your skin to heal itself or something. Not sure if what i said is right? :s-smilie:
Original post by mero22
No, a girl on youtube did a power of makeup video and said her acne made her unhappy but she started to love herself. Now she does makeup because it's fun.
Makeup is art. Also there's a video on youtube called you look disgusting. Even when she wore makeup people called her terrible things online.

Yes I have seen that video, I remember she did a program about cyber bullying
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
in a way i understand as if u put make-up on acne wouldnt it make it worse, instead you should leave your skin to heal itself or something. Not sure if what i said is right? :s-smilie:

Finally a person understands

Latest