The Student Room Group

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
What was the answer to the breakdown of fats question it was one mark and I spent 10 mins and know I got it wrong lol but the rest of the paper was fab
Reply 601
Still hoping for very very low grade boundaries
Original post by asad17
What was the answer to the breakdown of fats question it was one mark and I spent 10 mins and know I got it wrong lol but the rest of the paper was fab

I talked about an inhibitor for lipase enzymes and stuff
Original post by Tinksy
What did people put for the last questions when they asked you to correct their statements???
One was about amount of substrate and what a better word for that was
The second was like productivity of animals
The other was like freezing and explain that
And um there was one about biodiversity and planning permission

The planning permission i wrote the eia consider more than just sid, they consider likely impacts, size of development and if there are rare species in the habitat
the prodcutiviity was about inbreeding and i said inbreeding reduces the gene pool and makes aniamls more susceptible to diseases due to loss of genetic variation
the freezing one i put it retards enzyme actvitiy by slowing growth metabolism and reproduction, doesnt kill microogranism but as enzyme activity is retarded active site of enzyme will not collide with substrate food leading to less or no food decay
65 for an A I think
Original post by asad17

inhibits lipase which breaks down fats
where is the unofficial mark scheme at ?? i really wanna how badly i did
Original post by asad17

said about the drug being a non competitve inhibitor and binds to allosteric site so the lipase enzymes cannot break down fat due to change in tertiary structure therefore chaning active site so ctive site and substrate (fat) no longer complementary
Is it true that grade boundaries are going to be high because everyone doing the exam is a resitter? Just some rumours about that were circulating...
Reply 609
Original post by marie0803
I said concentration for the first
Then said that inbreeding doesn't explicitly result in mutations but does reduce genetic variation which can cause all animals to be susceptible to a disease
Then said that stuff about bacterial reproducing and growing at a slower rate due to less kinetic energy hence less food breakdown etc.
And then I said that a high level of biodiversity would likely prevent them from getting permission to build on that area because it's favourable to preserve areas of high biodiversity

Idk if they're all right though

Omg yes same!! Thank god! I spent ages trying to figure them out! I put concentration, low genetic variation, and EIA would not approve it, and then reduce cellular activity of enzymes, making activation energy harder to reach for last one.
Original post by Jennie4444

i Worte they cause hydrolysis to occur to break the ester bonds bonds down would that be wrong
Original post by Tinksy
Omg yes same!! Thank god! I spent ages trying to figure them out! I put concentration, low genetic variation, and EIA would not approve it, and then reduce cellular activity of enzymes, making activation energy harder to reach for last one.

Did the statment not say that SID was high and the habitat was stable so the authority are likely to accept the planning permission?
Original post by Jennie4444

I out that dirt and cro
Original post by Tinksy
What did people put for the last questions when they asked you to correct their statements???
One was about amount of substrate and what a better word for that was
The second was like productivity of animals
The other was like freezing and explain that
And um there was one about biodiversity and planning permission

Can't recall the substrate one?

But I said that inbreeding doesn't directly cause mutations but that selective breeding reduces the gene pool which is why genetic diseases appear more frequently... they are also more susceptible to outside disease.

I also said freezing removes water and microorganisms require water to survive so essentially they die and decomposition can't occur so food is preserved.

For the EIA one I said that a high biodiversity should prevent planning from being granted but someone else said that they talked about how EIA takes into consideration endangered species whereas Simpson's index doesn't? You can read up the thread for that one!
Original post by 09ekennedy
Did the statment not say that SID was high and the habitat was stable so the authority are likely to accept the planning permission?

But didn't we have to identify something that was incorrect in the statement? Maybe I interpreted it wrong.... :frown:
Is it true that grade boundaries are going to be high because everyone doing the exam is a resitter? Just some rumours about that were circulating...

I hope not. That would be terrible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AminahBBQ
I got 0.14

(0.56 x 250) / 1000 = 0.14
would I get method marks?

I'd think you'd probably get a method mark for multiplying by 250 and dividing by 1000, or an Error Carried Forward mark
But didn't we have to identify something that was incorrect in the statement? Maybe I interpreted it wrong.... :frown:

no youor right i just wanted to clarify the statement :-)
Reply 618
Original post by 09ekennedy

Yes I believe so! I thought if S.I was high this means high biodiversity so EIA wouldn't let them build on a place with high biodiversity?
Reply 619
What did everyone put for glycogen question??? I mentioned...
Compact so energy dense
Branched for enzymes to attach - breaks off glucose for respiration
insoluble so doesn't affect water potential
Granular
A-glucose subunits and 1-4 glycosidic bonds and 9% 1-6 bonds

What else was there to mention??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending