The Student Room Group

Ramadan and Eid chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by k.m.b
Try to stay active and keep productive:h:

I am not gyming whilst fasting lmao :biggrin: XD
I'm doing sports, but just not gonna go gym... My mum will kill me (At least then I can have a chance to go to heaven then) (Jking)
Original post by Hamoody
It's not okay as it is obligatory for a muslim to fast regardless of what happens. Unless of course you aren't well :console:

I have seem on here some people not fasting because of exams.. And others saying Ramadan is optional.. What do you believe happens if you don't fast? If you don't mind me asking.. Im not trying to trip you up im just genuinely interested :smile:
Original post by Hevachan
I have seem on here some people not fasting because of exams.. And others saying Ramadan is optional.. What do you believe happens if you don't fast? If you don't mind me asking.. Im not trying to trip you up im just genuinely interested :smile:

How can fasting be optional when it's the fourth pillar of Islam lol :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
How can fasting be optional when it's the fourth pillar of Islam lol :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lool i don't know, i saw someone say 'my mum won't let me fast during exams'.. I can't remember where I read that it's not compulsory hmm

My mosque has always taught us that if you don't fall into one of the four categories of which it is permissible not to fast (exams is not one of them) then you either have to give £250 for evey day missed to charity or fast 60 days outside of ramadhan to make up for one fast missed!
I don't see how people can say that Ramadhan is optional as it is one of the five pillars of Islam!
I believe that as not fasting without a good reason is a sin thus you get more bad deeds (70x more as its ramadhan) but i also know that Allah is all forgiving and all merciful so i guess if you can repent properly he can forgive one for not fasting
Original post by Zara0526
My mosque has always taught us that if you don't fall into one of the four categories of which it is permissible not to fast (exams is not one of them) then you either have to give £250 for evey day missed to charity or fast 60 days outside of ramadhan to make up for one fast missed!
I don't see how people can say that Ramadhan is optional as it is one of the five pillars of Islam!
I believe that as not fasting without a good reason is a sin thus you get more bad deeds (70x more as its ramadhan) but i also know that Allah is all forgiving and all merciful so i guess if you can repent properly he can forgive one for not fasting

Oh right i see :shock: i didn't expect you to say that
Lool i don't know, i saw someone say 'my mum won't let me fast during exams'.. I can't remember where I read that it's not compulsory hmm

Their mother probably doesn't want to risk it, and it's wrong of her to tell her child that.
There were times when my mum was strongly against me fasting because the days were long and all that, but I had to disobey her because at the end of the day fasting is compulsory, and if you're fit and healthy then there's no excuse for it really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Their mother probably doesn't want to risk it, and it's wrong of her to tell her child that.
There were times when my mum was strongly against me fasting because the days were long and all that, but I had to disobey her because at the end of the day fasting is compulsory, and if you're fit and healthy then there's no excuse for it really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Couldn't agree more!
Oh right i see :shock: i didn't expect you to say that

Sorry 😞, are you fasting then?
Original post by undercxver
This is interesting. I'm hearing loads of different ways to pray it. Thanks for your helps though. :h:

I don't know how it would be prayed another way because its a voluntary prayer it's not a major difference to the regular voluntary prayer at night outside of ramadan. Though I might not have explained it properly. Maybe u can ask in the ISOC they may give a more detailed explanation than me. Oh and ur welcome :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry 😞, are you fasting then?

Oh don't apologise :') i just mean i didn't realise you would be reprimanded like that

No im not Muslim (or anything else), however I am working with two Muslim women at the moment so it's good to learn more about it
Oh don't apologise :':wink: i just mean i didn't realise you would be reprimanded like that

No im not Muslim (or anything else), however I am working with two Muslim women at the moment so it's good to learn more about it

Oh okay :smile: i know that some people here may disagree with my views, but its what i've always been taught from my mosque. But Allah is all forgiving and all mercifull :smile:
Oh okay :smile: i know that some people here may disagree with my views, but its what i've always been taught from my mosque. But Allah is all forgiving and all mercifull :smile:

That's great, i hope you have a successful Ramadan and thanks for answering my questions
Original post by Rhythmical
Okay so I flicked through a cook book today, bad idea! :lol: but it put me off so much.

Loool i watch food programmes best way to keep my mind occupied :lol:
Original post by DesiGirl31
Loool i watch food programmes best way to keep my mind occupied :lol:

Come Dine with Me is my weakness! :lol: it does help because it makes me feel good about the food later, I'm not that hungry now more.
Not going too bad, hard when you're working to do anything though..
Come Dine with Me is my weakness! :lol: it does help because it makes me feel good about the food later, I'm not that hungry now more.

Omg yes!!! Love come dine with me!
Few years ago was masterchef canada that did it for me :lol:
Reply 237
Oh I never prepare it :tongue: not unless anyone wants to be poisoned but wow we fast for nearly 19 hours, I guess you guys have the heat to contend with though :frown:

:rofl: My family once trusted me to prepare a few items for iftaar. Never again :rofl: They spent the evening clutching theor tummies and groaning in pain :toofunny:
Ermmm I suppose you are right there :ashamed:

Original post by Azhar Rana
Lol, the roads over there are pretty straight and well maintained. Well it depends on the driver, I think 180 is pretty safe :h:

7amdellah for that :woo: Nawh, I get kinda nervous with anything above 140 :redface:
Original post by h333
Thank you. Will do In Shaa Allah :smile:.

You're welcome and inshaAllah :yep:
Reply 238
Original post by maria.x
It is exhausting a7en, I just came back from school. The exam was okay, tomorrow's my last day. How is yours 7amoody?

Aww don't worry, soon you'll be confined to the comforting coolness of your room :console:
Yeah I know tomorrow's your last. Counting down the hours :wink:
Wallah it's good. Sleeping all day like a bear :rofl:
Original post by Hamoody
Aww don't worry, soon you'll be confined to the comforting coolness of your room :console:
Yeah I know tomorrow's your last. Counting down the hours :wink:
Wallah it's good. Sleeping all day like a bear :rofl:

Maby ag3ed fe my room though! Laish? :rofl: I'll be asleep when I return home at five so that may not be necessary. Hahaha, I did not expect this. Say wallah!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending