The Student Room Group

Wednesday 8th June - OCR GCSE Computing Exam

Scroll to see replies

Not looking forward to algorithm design questions :frown:
Original post by sstudyacc
Yep I know :smile: But because we're the last year doing it, and there's a new specification for next year - more questions will be in the style of what they will be on the new spec imo

It's always possible! I'll give it a go
Reply 142
I have the 2015 paper? How do I send it in?
The Nena mountaineering club has a web page. The web page consists of an HTML file and some JPG and MPEG files

a) What does HTML stand for?

b) Explain one purpose of the HTML file. (This was the one that I was slightly confused on!)

Thank you! X

hopefully my answer helped then!x
Reply 144
Yep I know :smile: But because we're the last year doing it, and there's a new specification for next year - more questions will be in the style of what they will be on the new spec imo

I'm currently doing it. If they include this much algorithms tomorrow I have failed.
Omg they better not do this
Original post by Undec
I'm currently doing it. If they include this much algorithms tomorrow I have failed.
Omg they better not do this

Yes I agree! I don't think there will be this many algorithms though - the new spec has a lot more A Level content in it which is why there's so much more programming/algorithm in there!

Try this one too:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/226764-unit-j276-01-computer-systems-sample-assessment-materials.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by laurenmck99
hopefully my answer helped then!x

It did! Thank you x
Original post by NoodleGCSEFOOD
It's always possible! I'll give it a go

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/226764-unit-j276-01-computer-systems-sample-assessment-materials.pdf

Have a go at this one too!
Reply 148
Yes I agree! I don't think there will be this many algorithms though - the new spec has a lot more A Level content in it which is why there's so much more programming/algorithm in there!

Try this one too:

Do you think we need to know BUbble Sort?
Do you think we need to know how all the different storage media work? Like magnetic, optical and solid state? :s-smilie:
Original post by Undec
Do you think we need to know BUbble Sort?

Nope! :smile: It's not in the specification
Original post by surina16
Do you think we need to know how all the different storage media work? Like magnetic, optical and solid state? :s-smilie:

Yep pretty sure we do! I know we need to know the features of these :frown: But I'm pretty confused on it too.

Have a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uAbk2UgzIg&list=PL04uZ7242_M5n3zzAhcX-eslHud2Lyycd&index=7
Original post by fatima1998
I HAVE ALSO DONE COMPUTING LAST YEAR AND ACHIEVED An A*
plus i also have digital theory notes if anyone want it :h:
:goodluck:GOOD LUCK :goodluck:

I have my exam tmrw and i literally dont know can i please have the computing notes i do ocr and i reallllllyyyy need it to

thanks
Original post by farzana_2000
I have my exam tmrw and i literally dont know can i please have the computing notes i do ocr and i reallllllyyyy need it to

thanks

lol I'm cramming too! I have 4 exams tomrw...
Original post by rayestar
lol I'm cramming too! I have 4 exams tomrw...

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

not so much how they work but the advantages/disadvantages and characteristics of each, like solid state is portable and has a decent capacity
examples of each are always good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whats the difference between magnetic and optical and what are some examples of magnetic?
Original post by lucyg2000
Whats the difference between magnetic and optical and what are some examples of magnetic?

Magnetic uses a surface where parts of it are either magnetised North or South to represent 0 or 1. Optical uses a surface where areas either reflect or don't reflect laser light to represent 0 or 1.
I think a hard drive may be magnetic :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
not so much how they work but the advantages/disadvantages and characteristics of each, like solid state is portable and has a decent capacity
examples of each are always good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, thank you :smile:
How confident are you for this exam? :redface:
Magnetic uses a surface where parts of it are either magnetised North or South to represent 0 or 1. Optical uses a surface where areas either reflect or don't reflect laser light to represent 0 or 1.
I think a hard drive may be magnetic :smile:

Thanks so much! Do you have the exam tomorrow as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending