The Student Room Group

AQA AS BIO Unit 2 OLD SPEC RESIT Tue 7th June (pm) 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gcsekid
That paper was soooo easy
Whole class found it a breeze
Expected grade boundaries are gona be sky high

Lol your the only person on here who's said that
hmm i thought the data was smth like 0.47 +/- 0.01 and 0.51 +/- 0.03 ?? or something dunno
Reply 322
Original post by Biokid5656555
Yeah I thought that none of them overlapped as I added the standard deviations to the mean values... Is this wrong? :frown:

That's what I did. I added the SD to the mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Suits101
You also need to subtract.

Yeah I subtracted as well but I didn't get any overlaps unless I made a mistake
Original post by gcsekid
That paper was soooo easy
Whole class found it a breeze
Expected grade boundaries are gona be sky high

do the talking once you recieve the results
Original post by Kwaks
I really hope so 😭😭😭. I need to eat my sorrows away

Posted from TSR Mobile

well i knew id be no lifing the rest of my day, want some milkshake and chips? i have pancakes too :/
Original post by member911680

what did people put for how to find out the mean number of mitochondria in that leaf thing or something like that

I wrote it out in words but because I had so much stuff crossed out I decided to write it out like an equation under the wordy bit.
The equation was basically-
(Total cross-sectional area of the leaf)/(Cross-sectional area of the temporary mount) x (mean number of chloroplasts in mesophyll cells per temporary mount I wrote about taking a few temporary mounts samples and finding the mean number of chloroplasts in the wordy bit ) = (mean number of chloroplasts in mesophyll cells of a leaf)
Original post by TRGreen16
Also a question about positives about having anaemic blood?
I said stuff along the lines of oxygen more readily dissociates to the muscles than healthy blood.
After for 4 pKa (from graph), anaemic blood more readily binds to O^2 than healthy blood.
Can continue to quite readily bind with O^2 after 12kPa more so than healthy blood which plateaus...
Anything else???

I think it was just a simple haemoglobin question as it asked about the advantages:

Haemoglobin has a higher affinity for oxygen in anaemic people
Haemoglobin readily dissociates/unloads from oxygen at the respiring tissues
For more respiration
Original post by idk97
calm down there gcse kid youre in the wrong forum

No i aint mate im talking about BIOL2 out of 85 marks 1 hour 45 minutes resit paper
Reply 329
Original post by bluhbluhbuh
well i knew id be no lifing the rest of my day, want some milkshake and chips? i have pancakes too :/

Yes please 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cant you talk about tissue fluid for the 6 marker ??
Original post by anonymous-97
do the talking once you recieve the results

Seems someone has had a bad day.
Should have done more revision then innit
Original post by member911680
i Worte ther is no significant difference between the number of chickens with resistance bacteria and the number of what ever the other animal was

and there is no significant difference between the number of chicken farmers with resistanct bacteria and the number of chicken farmers

Wouldn't those be null hypotheses though?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 333
Original post by Dankailen
Cant you talk about tissue fluid for the 6 marker ??

Ummmm I didn't but I'm sure you can fit it in somewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kwaks
Crap. I got those wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh.. wasn't it to do with selective breading, which was why the genetic diversity was lower than the other bull terrier?
The question said that the species of dog had a lower genetic diversity and it descended from the Bull terrier... or something along those lines anyways...
Original post by CourtlyCanter
I wrote it out in words but because I had so much stuff crossed out I decided to write it out like an equation under the wordy bit.
The equation was basically-
(Total cross-sectional area of the leaf)/(Cross-sectional area of the temporary mount) x (mean number of chloroplasts in mesophyll cells per temporary mount I wrote about taking a few temporary mounts samples and finding the mean number of chloroplasts in the wordy bit ) = (mean number of chloroplasts in mesophyll cells of a leaf)

I said split the temporary mount into grids of equal area
Count the number of chloroplasts per area squared from a sample of these (e.g 10)
Times the number of chloroplasts per area squared by the total number of grids

I had no idea.
Reply 336
Ugh.. wasn't it to do with selective breading, which was why the genetic diversity was lower than the other bull terrier?
The question said that the species of dog had a lower genetic diversity and it descended from the Bull terrier... or something along those lines anyways...

I don't even know anymore, I'm beginning to doubt all my answers now

Posted from TSR Mobile
The dog question was slightly complicated in wording but it was REALLLY EASY. The paper was over in 45 minutes to be honest

hmm that makes more sense, think i read the question wrong and answered it thinking it was something like:

why are they different

derp
In regards to the 6 marker do you rate there will b marks for drawing the diagram of the circulatory system with arrows??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending