The Student Room Group

3C and 4C Government and Politics 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hey, can someone link me to the extended specification? Taa x
Thank you x
Reply 83
Hi guys, i am self teaching the A2 and was wondering if anyone had any exam structure tips or any model answers that they could share? I would be really grateful. Thanks :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by eleanorelodie
You can still achieve a top grade with 3 solid paragraph!!!

e
How many examples do you use in each paragraph in the 15 markers? Thanks :smile:
Reply 85
I use one example in each paragraph in the 15's. In the 45s I chuck as many as I can lol.
can someone please explain initiatives and referendums ?
Reply 87
Original post by Pato1
I use one example in each paragraph in the 15's. In the 45s I chuck as many as I can lol.
thank you!!!
Could someone go through what the structure is for the 15 markers and the 45 marker? (Including whether an intro and conclusion is needed)
15 marker:
No intro is required.
3 points with 1-2 examples per point (I'd use 2 to be safe)
If it's a to what extent question I do put in a little intro just to help me, but it won't gain you any marks. If it's a to what extent you also need to balance the answer, so points for either side.

45 marker:
You need an intro to lay out what you're talking about
3 points (there's no point trying to fit 4 points in, you'll run out of time)
People do essays differently, but per point I do: a paragraph in favour of my judgement, a paragraph countering that judgement, but they you need to counter that counter and return to your original judgement - do this in the same paragraph as your counter.
Per point I would use at least 5 examples, preferably 6.

Below I'll put my plans for both Unit 3c 15 and 45 markers, they lay out my structure.
Reply 90
For the 45's I've been doing

for
for
for
against
against
against

1-2 examples (or more depends on what i'm arguing) per paragraph. seems to be working for me
Original post by Pato1
For the 45's I've been doing

for
for
for
against
against
against

1-2 examples (or more depends on what i'm arguing) per paragraph. seems to be working for me

That's exactly what I do. 3 points is far too few, the mark scheme asks for breadth and comprehensive answers.
Reply 92
is there any document with every single 15 marker for unit 3c with years labelled?
Any predictions for unit 4 yet? I'm panicking about the short amount of time in between the two exams :frown:
Is there any point AT ALL in revising questions that came up last year? All in all I probably have about 80 essays to learn which 1) Is surely not possible and 2) Need to cut down as much as possible!
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Any predictions for unit 4 yet? I'm panicking about the short amount of time in between the two exams :frown:

We had a late mock full of predicitons:
Limitations of SCs powers
Congressional committees importance
Importance of VP
How are SCJs appointed and limitations of this process.
Is Congress the Broken Branch.
'Imperial Presidency'?
US Const. prevents effective gov. as checks and balances are too powerful.
Reply 96
Original post by 14grahamr
Is there any point AT ALL in revising questions that came up last year? All in all I probably have about 80 essays to learn which 1) Is surely not possible and 2) Need to cut down as much as possible!

I'm not revising the June 15 Political Parties 45 marker, one about whether there is ideological divides within party.

As for Unit 4 predictions, all I can say I doubt SC will come up as 45 marker!

I'm actually bricking it now though haha, 6 and 8 days to go respectively :/

Original post by Plast12
15 marker:No intro is required.3 points with 1-2 examples per point (I'd use 2 to be safe)If it's a to what extent question I do put in a little intro just to help me, but it won't gain you any marks. If it's a to what extent you also need to balance the answer, so points for either side.45 marker:You need an intro to lay out what you're talking about3 points (there's no point trying to fit 4 points in, you'll run out of time)People do essays differently, but per point I do: a paragraph in favour of my judgement, a paragraph countering that judgement, but they you need to counter that counter and return to your original judgement - do this in the same paragraph as your counter.Per point I would use at least 5 examples, preferably 6.Below I'll put my plans for both Unit 3c 15 and 45 markers, they lay out my structure.

Also Plast12, do you have plans for 15+45 markers from Unit 4, your 3C ones are brilliant! Thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nta786
I'm not revising the June 15 Political Parties 45 marker, one about whether there is ideological divides within party.

As for Unit 4 predictions, all I can say I doubt SC will come up as 45 marker!

I'm actually bricking it now though haha, 6 and 8 days to go respectively :/

I haven't even started politics yet because I've been focusing on psychology so much:bawling::bawling:
[QUOTE="14grahamr;65573093"]
Original post by nta786
I haven't even started politics yet because I've been focusing on psychology so much:bawling::bawling:

Me too! I'm feeling okay ish about unit 3 politics but unit 4 is awful, I'm going through it now and I'm struggling to answer quite a few questions and it doesn't help that our politics and psychology exams are on the same day :frown::frown: (Presuming your psychology exam is on the Tuesday)
[QUOTE="EmilyPlatypus;65573601"]
Original post by 14grahamr

Me too! I'm feeling okay ish about unit 3 politics but unit 4 is awful, I'm going through it now and I'm struggling to answer quite a few questions and it doesn't help that our politics and psychology exams are on the same day :frown::frown: (Presuming your psychology exam is on the Tuesday)

YES omg that's exactly the same as me. Any tips on how to revise, because learning about 60 essays is so so difficult??

Quick Reply

Latest