The Student Room Group

Gcse geography 2016

I'm studying AQA Geography specification A physical and human geography. I have already taken my physical examination and my human exam is only in a few days 08/06/16. Does anyone have any predictions of the questions and especially the casestudies for these topics:
Population,
Globalisation and
Tourism.

Please reply asap .Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

I've done very little revision for this!!! :frown: Is it possible to learn everything in 1.5 days?
Reply 2
Original post by amanii_ox
I've done very little revision for this!!! :frown: Is it possible to learn everything in 1.5 days?

Definitely not impossible if you put the hours and effort in! My best advice would be to just revise the case studies as much as possible because even if you're not sure on the other questions, your case study mark can give you a huge boost overall!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bmagcse2016
Definitely not impossible if you put the hours and effort in! My best advice would be to just revise the case studies as much as possible because even if you're not sure on the other questions, your case study mark can give you a huge boost overall!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks for believing, i couldn't make myself do it! :smile: goodluck btw !! <3
Reply 4
My teachers predicted practically the questions for the physical paper so for population they have predicted something about migration into the EU for the eight marker, with a question on the demographic transition model. For globalisation they have also predicted the growth of China as an economic giant for the eight marker with further questions on renewable energy and importing food. I don't do tourism so cannot help you with that. These are quite likely to come up as like I said my teachers accurately predicted the last paper but do revise everything else as it is not guaranteed that questions on these topics will be asked
Reply 5
Thankyou and You're absolutely welcome! If you have any more questions, just ask.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm studying AQA Geography specification A physical and human geography. I have already taken my physical examination and my human exam is only in a few days 08/06/16. Does anyone have any predictions of the questions and especially the casestudies for these topics:
Population,
Globalisation and
Tourism.

Volcanoes- Mt Etna
Advantages of volcanoes - Hawaii fertile soil for growing pineapples.
Population- Benidorm
Tourism- Lake District and Benidorm
Lake District - Talk about footpath erosion
Reply 7
Original post by MattB_
My teachers predicted practically the questions for the physical paper so for population they have predicted something about migration into the EU for the eight marker, with a question on the demographic transition model. For globalisation they have also predicted the growth of China as an economic giant for the eight marker with further questions on renewable energy and importing food. I don't do tourism so cannot help you with that. These are quite likely to come up as like I said my teachers accurately predicted the last paper but do revise everything else as it is not guaranteed that questions on these topics will be asked

Thankyou, this is really helpful! My teachers predicted every case study on the physical paper right but for the human paper, they're struggling a bit more, so this has proved to be helpful. Goodluck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by mero22
Volcanoes- Mt Etna
Advantages of volcanoes - Hawaii fertile soil for growing pineapples.
Population- Benidorm
Tourism- Lake District and Benidorm
Lake District - Talk about footpath erosion

Thankyou!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I study population as one of my 3 topics in geography, however I only have little notes on my refugee casestudy. All I have is the positives and negatives? Can anyone help me out for what I might need to know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I study population as one of my 3 topics in geography, however I only have little notes on my refugee casestudy. All I have is the positives and negatives? Can anyone help me out for what I might need to know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What refugee case study do you study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have the same problem. Do you have Poland for migration within EU if so I have only 1 case specific fact which is polands workforce declined in size by 7% the rest is generic like brain drain etc. If it's outside of Europe I'll make up some stuff about Syria atm or sown thing. I might look up a few stats now
Original post by B3ASTy
What refugee case study do you study?

I study Afghanistan to uk for refugess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Job738338
I have the same problem. Do you have Poland for migration within EU if so I have only 1 case specific fact which is polands workforce declined in size by 7% the rest is generic like brain drain etc. If it's outside of Europe I'll make up some stuff about Syria atm or sown thing. I might look up a few stats now

Yeah! I study Poland within the EU as well, more specifically Poland to the uk. I've got loads of facts for migration, if you want me to help you out? It's the refugee case study I'm struggling with 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah! I study Poland within the EU as well, more specifically Poland to the uk. I've got loads of facts for migration, if you want me to help you out? It's the refugee case study I'm struggling with 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh that'd be great
I just put this cs together
Syrian refugee crisisResult of Syrian civil war, government of Assad vs opposition vs isil.Estimated deaths : 470,0004.8million registered refugees more within country
70% not in UN camps, strain on services etc.Eu 1.9 mil requests for asylumthe other stuff is all common sense and similar to Poland brain drain of skilled workers, segregation etc
Hope it helps
(edited 7 years ago)
Population,
Globalisation and
Tourism.

My humanities teacher has been predicting correct topics for last 2 years, she also predicted all the topics for the 2016 Geography AQA UNIT 1 (Physical) exam. The sections we learn for the exams are;
Population Change, Changing Urban environments and Tourism.

Okay so here are the predicted topics for these sections for tomorrow:

Population
DTM model with population pyramid
Transmigration
Coping with ageing population and encouraging more births
Migration push and pull factors and impacts on host and origin countries
Economic migrants within the EU
Refugee movements and impacts

Tourism
Tourist resort life cycle model
External factors effect on UK tourism
Mass tourism positive and negative effects and management
Extreme environments impacts and growth
Benefits of ecotourism and link to sustainable development.

ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR REVISION, NO ONE IS TO BLAME IF THESE TOPICS DO NOT COME UP.

Finally, best of luck!
Original post by gurpartapl

My humanities teacher has been predicting correct topics for last 2 years, she also predicted all the topics for the 2016 Geography AQA UNIT 1 (Physical) exam. The sections we learn for the exams are;

Population
Transmigration

Tourism

ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR REVISION, NO ONE IS TO BLAME IF THESE TOPICS DO NOT COME UP.

Finally, best of luck!

And changing urban environments?
Original post by gurpartapl

Population
Transmigration

Tourism

Finally, best of luck!

Thanks a lot, but you missed out urban environments. Also what is transmigration?
Original post by Job738338
And changing urban environments?

Sorry about that. and i think we need to know about the transmigration policy in indonesia. People moved from a very densely populated place (Java) to a less dense place (Sumatra).. Have you got a cgp geography book? Its inside there somewhere.

Transmigration - "to migrate from one country to another in order to settle there."

Changing Urban Environments
Causes of urbanisation
Issues and solutions in CBD, inner city, suburbs and rural-urban fringe
Squatter settlement redevelopment
Effects and management of rapid urbanisation - disposal of waste, air pollution and water pollution
Sustainable urban living

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by B3ASTy
Thanks a lot, but you missed out urban environments. Also what is transmigration?

Mass scale movement of people within a country. Happened in Indonesia to lessen population on Java and spread development around to other islands. Look it up it's pretty easy. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending