The Student Room Group

Got bad AS results

Hi guys, I have decided not to go to university this year but next year. In my AS I had a D in English, E in RS (because i answered only one question on both papers instead of 2, so done half of the paper by accident) and a D in Health and Social care. I've resat both healh and social and RS this head, hopefully they will be better this year.
Do i still have a chance of getting atleast 3 C's?
I'm confused, you can't go to university with only As levels, you need full A levels?

And none of us have any idea if you'll get a C or not.

Not sure what you're expecting really.
Reply 2
Original post by Elivercury
I'm confused, you can't go to university with only As levels, you need full A levels?

And none of us have any idea if you'll get a C or not.

Not sure what you're expecting really.

Yes I have sat all my A2 exams. I'm just asking do anybody think it is realistic that I can change those grades to a C/B.
Like has anybody else got dissapointing grades in AS, and got better grades overal, thats all🙄.
Original post by befahnlee
Yes I have sat all my A2 exams. I'm just asking do anybody think it is realistic that I can change those grades to a C/B.
Like has anybody else got dissapointing grades in AS, and got better grades overal, thats all🙄.

Sure, plenty of people do relatively poorly in their As' then improve them. Whether you can or not is entirely down to you.
Reply 4
Original post by Elivercury
Sure, plenty of people do relatively poorly in their As' then improve them. Whether you can or not is entirely down to you.

Guess I'm just panicking so much about my results, that I think I'm going to fail because I didn't do well last year thats all. Looking for some sort of comfort where people have done bad last year and passed in A2 overall. Just hope that happens to me I guess.
Hi guys, I have decided not to go to university this year but next year. In my AS I had a D in English, E in RS (because i answered only one question on both papers instead of 2, so done half of the paper by accident) and a D in Health and Social care. I've resat both healh and social and RS this head, hopefully they will be better this year.
Do i still have a chance of getting atleast 3 C's?

Of course. I got BCEU in my AS exams. I resat one exam from each subject as I got A's in one then C's/D's in the others, and came out of my A Levels with BBB. I'm doing an extra A Level now, by teaching myself but it is possible if you resit an exam and put more effort into revision.

Hope all goes well for you!
Reply 6
Original post by atiyaaloveszaynx
Of course. I got BCEU in my AS exams. I resat one exam from each subject as I got A's in one then C's/D's in the others, and came out of my A Levels with BBB. I'm doing an extra A Level now, by teaching myself but it is possible if you resit an exam and put more effort into revision.

Hope all goes well for you!

That's fantastic and you should be so proud! I need a BBB, but will be so happy with CCC, I would be over the moon! now I know there is still hope☺️
That's fantastic and you should be so proud! I need a BBB, but will be so happy with CCC, I would be over the moon! now I know there is still hope☺️

Thanks!! I was but a tad annoyed as well as I was a few marks off an A for English and Sociology and I could've got them if i'd worked harder, even for a couple of more hours! But hey ho, I know you'll exceed CCC! Hope you get the grades you deserve! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by atiyaaloveszaynx
Thanks!! I was but a tad annoyed as well as I was a few marks off an A for English and Sociology and I could've got them if i'd worked harder, even for a couple of more hours! But hey ho, I know you'll exceed CCC! Hope you get the grades you deserve! :smile:

yeah i bet hun! thank you, fingers crossed☺️!x
If Leicester can win the Champions League,then you can easily get CCC.
Yes!! There are so many stories of people with similar grades turning it around as long as you've approached it the right way when you retake :smile: I retook a unit from each subject this year, and I found it to be so much easier the second time around because you know the entire syllabus from when you've started revising (rather than having to revise whilst still learning content in lessons) and you're so much more familiar with the content. Obviously it's all down to you but it would be totally possible to even get higher than CCC! Good luck and I hope you get the grades you want, don't get too stressed out about it :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest