The Student Room Group

Sandwell Academy sixth form- any good?

Is Sandwell Academy a good sixth form?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by the pro
Is Sandwell Academy a good sixth form?

Hi!

I know I am probably too late now, but yes, it is. They are quite pushy but this is good because the results achieved reflect the effort you are essentially made to put in. Plus they achieve extremely good A Level results every year. Some subjects getting 17/25 A* grades.
Original post by molcait
Hi!

I know I am probably too late now, but yes, it is. They are quite pushy but this is good because the results achieved reflect the effort you are essentially made to put in. Plus they achieve extremely good A Level results every year. Some subjects getting 17/25 A* grades.

I know this is late but how many students are there in each class on average
Reply 4
Original post by fthd1999
I know this is late but how many students are there in each class on average

It depends on what subject lesson it is. AS classes tend to be larger with up to 20 as you go to A levels classes normally around 12-14.
Original post by the pro
It depends on what subject lesson it is. AS classes tend to be larger with up to 20 as you go to A levels classes normally around 12-14.

that good, how good is the teaching
Reply 6
that good, how good is the teaching

It’s okay but you don’t get study leave for a level which sucked.
Original post by the pro
It’s okay but you don’t get study leave for a level which sucked.

i want to do biology ,chemistry and maths
Is it worth going there, i don't really want to go to grammar school as it is far and they expect you to know everything . I just want a small class with support so i can get those A* - To do medicine
Reply 8
i want to do biology ,chemistry and maths
Is it worth going there, i don't really want to go to grammar school as it is far and they expect you to know everything . I just want a small class with support so i can get those A* - To do medicine

Tbh it’s your choice but if it was me I’d rather have stayed at my old school or had gone to a grammar. SA is overrated I didn’t believe it until I actually studied in it.
Reply 9
Original post by the pro
Tbh it’s your choice but if it was me I’d rather have stayed at my old school or had gone to a grammar. SA is overrated I didn’t believe it until I actually studied in it.

Lol i go to a grammar school, they are overrated

Quick Reply

Latest