The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coolting
in terms of aggression, could they ask about infidelity on its own or would it be paired with jealousy or other evolutionary explanations?

Everyone keeps asking this lol. I swear they're like the same thing anyway so it doesn't really matter but if it was a 24 marker they wouldn't specify one. If it was a 4 marker AO1 then I guess they could but like I said they're pretty much the same thing anyway...
Does anyone know any limitations of bruchs theory in explaining eating behaviour ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess if you wanted to be really tactical about it you could just not revise a whole section at all and revise the other two sections in depth... I wish I was brave (or foolish) enough to do that :biggrin:
Original post by artymaniac
What studies are you guys using for culture on rommantic relationships- i only have 2! Gupta and singh and xiaoh and whyte

Levine et al found that people in collectivist cultures are more likely to agree to marry without love if the person has everything else they would want in a partner (there are stats but i don't remember them rn)

Epstein found lower rates of divorce in arranged marriages than in love marriages, suggesting that arranged marriages can result in higher satisfaction (you can link this to the idea of not being 'blinded by love' so you can get with someone who is more compatible)
Though you can then say that it may simply be the culture is less tolerant of the idea of divorce, and than collectivist cultures have different priorities and their relationships are more permanent as they are not always based on love but instead maybe things like resources to help the family/group
do you have to write a conclusion at the end of the essays?
Original post by andymharrison_

No, you don't need an introduction or a conclusion. I always stick all my AO1 theory at the beginning following up with research and finishing off with the IDAs
Original post by andymharrison_

Nope.
thank ya! do u guys think this is likely to come up?
Original post by wickedisgood
Levine et al found that people in collectivist cultures are more likely to agree to marry without love if the person has everything else they would want in a partner (there are stats but i don't remember them rn)

Epstein found lower rates of divorce in arranged marriages than in love marriages, suggesting that arranged marriages can result in higher satisfaction (you can link this to the idea of not being 'blinded by love' so you can get with someone who is more compatible)
Though you can then say that it may simply be the culture is less tolerant of the idea of divorce, and than collectivist cultures have different priorities and their relationships are more permanent as they are not always based on love but instead maybe things like resources to help the family/group
Original post by coolting
anyone know when we need to include a conclusion? i normally just abruptly stop lol
IDAs normally make up the 'conclusion'
Original post by Raisa97
I understand the struggle too!!
My school is doing intelligence and there's absolutely nothing online, I had to rely on a range of textbooks.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's really annoying! Do you have any sample essays by any chance?
Reply 2950
I think- ignoring Loopa predictions that what will come up will be:
Relationships- breakdown
Aggression- genetics
Gender- Kohlberg/dysphoria

I don't know about the others :/
What studies are you guys using for culture on rommantic relationships- i only have 2! Gupta and singh and xiaoh and whyte

Im using, general research on india 90% of people there get arranged marriges! 40% more than the entire world.

I'll also add in Buss, saying that he found women like money etc, and men liked youth, showing that men and women look for spefici things, showing culture dosent actually have a big role in relationships, Ill thrown in evolutionary explanation in there e.g. this shows that our formation of relationships, is actually due to evoltuionary behaviour, such as the innate pre programmed findings that love occurs at first sight. This shows we all search for the same thing and culture plays a little role according to this approach
thank ya! do u guys think this is likely to come up?

I think its really likely this will come up. I've not seen the question come up since 2013. Same with the relationship between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour.
Original post by rosieschofield
My teachers an examiner and said you don't need them but it does help to have at least a couple in each essay

Do you have any other tips seeing as your teachers an examiner?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Since the harder questions are being predicted, assuming they come up, the one good thing is the boundaries will likely drop even lower than they already are

Which would be pretty fantastic
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Has anyone learnt ultradian and infradian as essays? Loopa and i think my teacher said its not enough on its own to be an essay?

i've only gone over them, no there isn't enough content for there to be an essay on either one! circadian there is though and i would cry with joy if that came up

Hsu studied Chinese and North American cultures and found different values lead to different relationship choices. Chinese emphasised heritage and ancestry so relationships are more permanent. Western cultures emphasise discontinuity and progress so relationships are more temporary.
I just want this all over and thank god it will be tomorrow this is the hardest exam paper I will ever sit for sure
Original post by NHM
I think- ignoring Loopa predictions that what will come up will be:
Relationships- breakdown
Aggression- genetics
Gender- Kohlberg/dysphoria

I don't know about the others :/

I would absolutely love it if those came up!
Original post by beckalouu
Are you guys bothering learning what came up last year in depth? Because they've never put the same question 2 years in a row, is it worth disregarding those topics or...?

Really?? That makes it easier. I hope this is the case this year :biggrin:
thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending