The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Debruyne
same edexcel

Sorry, I don't know what I'm looking for. Think it would be best if you had a look on Edexcel's website. Sorry!
What would be for 'B' pls.?x/200?
whos ready for paper 2
Original post by junayd1998
Yeah,i don't think it is that diff just reading sources and answering questions.
yh il just try and get my head down and revise

are you still revising
Reply 2384
Original post by Gabika1979
What would be for 'B' pls.?x/200?

Around 94-98/200, but I'd aim for 100/200 to be safe.

Does anyone know if the Mathswatch predictions are updated after the non-calc exam? They predict quadratic formula will appear in the calculator paper but it's already appeared in the non-calc paper which makes me think that it's highly unlikely that it will appear again.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zxr

Does anyone know if the Mathswatch predictions are updated after the non-calc exam? They predict quadratic formula will appear in the calculator paper but it's already appeared in the non-calc paper which makes me think that it's highly unlikely that it will appear again.

Thank you.
I think quadratic formula will appear again.
Reply 2386
Original post by zxr

It will almost certainly be there again because there were other ways of solving in the non calc not just quadratic formula: factorising for example.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have a simple method of working out the estimate of the median from a histogram?
Original post by ameenatariq
Anyone have a simple method of working out the estimate of the median from a histogram?

Could you show us the Q? :colondollar:
Could you show us the Q? :colondollar:

oh i meant generally.
oh i meant generally.

well i assume you work out all of the totals of the bars on the histogram then divide by how many there are? Not sure.
well i assume you work out all of the totals of the bars on the histogram then divide by how many there are? Not sure.

thats not the mediean, thats the mean.
thats not the mediean, thats the mean.

Oh yh, oops :frown: I just do these http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/resources/109_histograms.pdf
I think you add up all the frequencies then divide by 2 and count along the frequency bar until you get to the class that you are looking for eg 40 (total frequency) then divide by 2 then go down the classes and see where it fits, because it's GCSEs they won't make it difficult our teacher said so then look on the histogram and count up from the class to see where the number fits :smile: it's difficult explaining like this so if you still don't get it just ask your teacher. Hope I helped 🤔
Does anyone know if I'll get any marks for this?
Q5) I did 900/18 to get 50
Q8) I did 300/80 which is 3.75, I rounded this to 4 and then did 4 x 16 to get 64

Posted from TSR Mobile
Q9. I put 1/4x + y, which is the same as 5x + 20y, but just shortened down. Would I get any marks for this?

Q15. For question 15, I compared the median, the least values and the biggest values . Would this get 3 marks?!
Original post by lucygr8y
Q9. I put 1/4x + y, which is the same as 5x + 20y, but just shortened down. Would I get any marks for this?

Q15. For question 15, I compared the median, the least values and the biggest values . Would this get 3 marks?!

1/4x+y =/= 5x+ 20y

And you're supposed to compare median / average and upper and lower quartile values.
Original post by 34908seikj
1/4x+y =/= 5x+ 20y

And you're supposed to compare median / average and upper and lower quartile values.

Oh no😭 ok, I messed this paper so much! I need about 92 tomorrow for an A*
Original post by lucygr8y
Oh no😭 ok, I messed this paper so much! I need about 92 tomorrow for an A*

what do you think you got in the first paper?
around 79 +-1or 2

Quick Reply