The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1480
Original post by Desouza123
Lets not chat smack

Im not :smile:
Original post by ronnydandam
maybe the boundaries will be 25 for an A even though I said 50 earlier #talklikebrogdingwhateverthefockhisnameisson #legit

Yeah I heard the boundaries were going to be as low as 10/70 for an A :tongue:
Lets not chat smack

The exams are linear, UMS was scrapped and they're not chatting "smack"
For the first question, I put B- because it had "immediately after" in bold, so i thought, hm, maybe this means inspiration, after all, chronologically, one does expire then immediately inspire???? ugh i f'd up man. stupid question. argh.
Yeah I heard the boundaries were going to be as low as 10/70 for an A :tongue:

nah my uncle jeff just emailed me - it will be
6 marks for an A
Original post by ronnydandam
nah my uncle jeff just emailed me - it will be
6 marks for an A

SORRY to rain on your paraide lads but the official OCR thread has confIrmed that its 5.5/70 for an A
49 for an A
Original post by IRoranth
For the first question, I put B- because it had "immediately after" in bold, so i thought, hm, maybe this means inspiration, after all, chronologically, one does expire then immediately inspire???? ugh i f'd up man. stupid question. argh.

I wrote a but crossed it out after seeing the bit in bold. Ffs. What is up with all these stupid unclear questions.
Original post by matte17
SORRY to rain on your paraide lads but the official OCR thread has confIrmed that its 5.5/70 for an A

I don't think they have confIrmed that because on their website they have conflrmed that it's 5 marks for an A
Original post by Cherx
I wrote a but crossed it out after seeing the bit in bold. Ffs. What is up with all these stupid unclear questions.

That wasn't unclear, they said IMMEDIATELY AFTER, you don't inhale IMMEDIATELY AFTER, so IMMEDIATELY AFTER its when they're empty
Original post by 11234
What did everyone get for the life cycle of the prganism question. I think I got mitosis meiosis mitosis...cant remember c then meiosis for d and e.

Think i screwed up, i only put mitosis for C
Original post by Cherx

I know, it's ridiculous- and the fact that these will be predicted grades going to our potential universities is annoying af, like the uni won't understand or take into account OCRs sh*tty ability to word questions properly, they'll just see the grade and judge :angry:

omfg i had same thought process
Original post by matte17
let me guess. the last page ? :frown:

yeah reading through the content of the questions and calculating different percentage changes just took an age
What did you guys mention for the 2 6 markers?
For the enzymes I just said about the change in rate of reaction as temperature changes.
For the second one I mentioned that mixed blood has lower concentration gradients and stuff like that,
Original post by ChelK321
An A ( :please: ) :lol:

I hope haha
Original post by biologystudentAS
yeah reading through the content of the questions and calculating different percentage changes just took an age

I know what you mean. I litrally flipped onto the last page, hared theinvidulator say 3 mins and I decided it was more sensible to go through the paper for mistakes than rush the percentage question and get it wrong :banghead:
Original post by asinghj
What did you guys mention for the 2 6 markers?
For the enzymes I just said about the change in rate of reaction as temperature changes.
For the second one I mentioned that mixed blood has lower concentration gradients and stuff like that,

Did the same mate for both Q's but I added that the ventricle was thicker in the mammal heart than the amphibian. in the second 6 marker

You're not alone.. I did put A in the beginning but somehow after I saw them writing it in bold, I immediately changed my answer.. I shouldn't have done that. Why did they even write it in bold? 2 marks gone..
Original post by asinghj
That wasn't unclear, they said IMMEDIATELY AFTER, you don't inhale IMMEDIATELY AFTER, so IMMEDIATELY AFTER its when they're empty

It is unclear considering how many more people thought the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending