The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by Csd1999
What did everyone get for the phosphate contributing to growth question? And did anyone get a ratio of 1:0.275 for the ratio question and 2.86 for the times better D was

yeah i got 1:0.275
Original post by MMMSS
so first endopep makes the long polypep chain into shorter chains and exposes more amino acids at the ends on the chains- therefore, more enzyme substrate complexes..I dont know how to explain it properly but if you think about it, a polypep as two 'ends' -if i cut it into two chains, i now have 4 'ends'

Ah thank you. That makes sense - unfortunately, I didn't write it :burnout:
Original post by chelseaoscar15
Oh... so writing about how muatation causes frame shift....change in amino acid seq....change in tert structure...change in hydrogen and ionic bonding is wrong?

frame shift and change in amino acid and tertiary structure is a deletion so that should be right
anyone done a mark scheme?
Original post by MMMSS
yeah i got 1:0.275

I got 4:1
4:1 is wrong mate, you had to do 4.1x10^-8 divided by 1.1x10^-8 and you get 3.72727272 so the actual answer was 3.73:1
i also got that D was 2.47 times larger than B but i have put my denominator as (pi)x0.7^2 instead of (pi)x0.65^2 and hence i never got 2.9 do you think they will have a margin for error?
Reply 747
Original post by Hannahdellab
I got 4:1

theyre both right, it just depends which one you divided both by... just as long as you got the simplest whole number ratio
for the question about her investigating water loss and you had to put 2 reasons why water loss may be not equal water gain, i put used in respiration/produced in photosynthesis and also the apparatus may not have been sealed (as a potometer is used to measure water loss) would those both be valid answers?
Original post by ormlaaaa
4:1 is wrong mate, you had to do 4.1x10^-8 divided by 1.1x10^-8 and you get 3.72727272 so the actual answer was 3.73:1

That's wrong too, you had to put it in the ratio 1:x
Original post by lilyjacks
for the question about her investigating water loss and you had to put 2 reasons why water loss may be not equal water gain, i put used in respiration/produced in photosynthesis and also the apparatus may not have been sealed (as a potometer is used to measure water loss) would those both be valid answers?

i was gonna put the leakage in apparatus but it didn't say that she used a potometer?? therefore i put the photosynthesis and respiration as two different points? but i might be wrong?
Original post by koolgurl14
i was gonna put the leakage in apparatus but it didn't say that she used a potometer?? therefore i put the photosynthesis and respiration as two different points? but i might be wrong?

Isnt it photosynthesis and used in turgidity?
Original post by lilyjacks

Just to throw another answer in there, I said the plants may store the water (especially because one of them was a xerophyte)
Anyone got a list of topics or questions that came up? I need reminding to check my answers

yeah but i suppose she would of used a potomoter since that is how you measure water loss in a plant so they may let me have it
Original post by rabeaa1234
I put percentage 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put number of stomato per cm3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zigocarn
Usually for paper 2 its about 68%

I hope it's a tad lower
Original post by smilj012.206

Posted from TSR Mobile

ayy me too
tbh i was like why am i being asked this?
Original post by smilj012.206

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put micrometers as it was being viewed under an optical microscope?
Original post by Luchamb
Isnt it photosynthesis and used in turgidity?

That's what I put :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending