The Student Room Group

OCR FSMQ Additional Maths 6th June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HKHASSAN
I did the OCR English Language paper today.

Q5) Write about a time when you found something harder than expected. [40]

Was tempted to write about my experience during this exam.

My friend did
Original post by pk789
do you guys think I might be able to scrape an A with 62?

Posted from TSR Mobile

for this paper from what I have heard a lot of people are expecting the grade boundaries to be like 58-66 for A so likely, yes
Reply 422
Rocco and Lrrgolas thnx for the answers. Ive been looking through previous grade boundaries and only 2011 stooped to 62 for an A (but the 2011 paper was piss easy imo-especially compared to the one yesterday)Well, I guess all we can do is hope but the future looks pretty bleak. Gl to u guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was aiming for B even a C but I calculated my marks using answers from various others. This exam was so unnecessarily hard. I hate OCR :angry:

I got 18 marks so I guess there is no point of expecting anything more than a U. :smile:
Original post by Daisy6282528
Did anyone get something to do with -1/3 for a graph question ?

I got -1/3 for a gradient at some point
Good thing is that for those of you who do A level Maths, core 1 will be really easy now that you've done additional maths.
Original post by TheOtherSide.
If people are willing to wait, I could make another thread tomorrow to compile an unofficial mark scheme? :dontknow:

Spoiler

Here's a start for questions 1 to 8. I can do the rest later if you like!
Thanks so much Reesharr, great markscheme and you have succeeded in putting me at ease somewhat!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! If you could do the rest that would be amazing! (your method marks is so useful too!) I'm really hoping for an A and i think i got around 70 but i may lose more so i'm quite worried...

Original post by Reesharr
for the one with the train i missed the bit about pythagoras and just subtracted the two equations for the distance OQ and OP (or whatever it was)
i still managed to come up with a quadratic and find a minimum time and distance etc
how many marks will i get for follow on? how does follow on marking even work!!!
Original post by Amrit599
I got -1/3 for a gradient at some point

Yaay me too!
It may be asking a bit much, but does anyone think that maybe they will go through with "error carried forward marks". Especially for the questions with up to 6 parts, if your answer was only impaired by a mistake at the beginning, will you still get method marks??
Original post by Reesharr

THANK YOU! I'll link the file in the OP.
Don't know why they made it so hard got 90 80 on past paper can only expect 50 in this one. thank you for the markscheme.
Original post by akshitnashine
Don't know why they made it so hard got 90 80 on past paper can only expect 50 in this one. thank you for the markscheme.
same, but don't worry too much. With a few exceptions, everyone has done worse than they would generally, so grade boundariesMV could be low (fingers crossed!)
If last year's boundary was 68 so you think it will be lower? If yes then roughly how low. Or will they just try and mark a bit more genrerously (which is bad for me as I left loads blank...)?
Original post by verbs36
If last year's boundary was 68 so you think it will be lower? If yes then roughly how low. Or will they just try and mark a bit more genrerously (which is bad for me as I left loads blank...)?

I don't know how they can mark it generously, since you either get the question or don't, but from the responses on this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if grade boundaries were around low sixties, possibly high fifties.
I don't know how they can mark it generously, since you either get the question or don't, but from the responses on this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if grade boundaries were around low sixties, possibly high fifties.

hope they are all i need is an A
They are usually quite generous with 'error carried forward' marks, in the markschemes I have looked at in the past they usually say that you can get all of the marks for a question dependent on the previous question's answer even if you got that answer wrong - as long as your method is correct.

I meant sort of generous working marks (with error carried forward within a question etc). Ugh this paper was so annoying I've ranged from 84-100 and how I'm looking at 65-70...

Quick Reply

Latest