The Student Room Group

AQA english language exam 7/6/16

Scroll to see replies

What was the question for 5 and 6 for foundation aqa paper need to remember it to think if I done it right
People have answered both ways...so I've emailed my lecturer who will see the paper tomorrow. When he replies I'll post on here. I argued to holiday here as thought it was our own opinion, but having looked at other posts I'm now not sure. Hope It's ok as it's worth 25 marks!
Original post by babymarima
hahaaha, no I mean in question 4, not 2, but speaking of question 2, i thought it was a bit cheeky that they tried to slide in the sub-heading as well, I rarely see that

wait wtf did it say u had to analyse the sub heading, what sub heading i didnt even see that lmao ahhh
How did everyone find it?

I found that my time keeping f*cked up completely
I had enough time to finish question 6, but I found that I still didn't write enough (one side and a paragraph)
Also question 4 I accidentally analysed 'shoots' in the Bear Grylls source, which I'm not sure is allowed because it was in the sub-headline?

And question 3 is always a misery :'(

I started on Section B first and then moved onto Section A. And yeah, my timing was bad too, I had only 8 mins left to finish question 1 which was the last question I answered. :-(
Reply 244
Question 1 - WTF is this
Question 2 - Good
Question 3- Good
Question 4 - Piss easy
Question 5- Good
Question 6 - Good
Original post by alexdt300
That's really reassuring thank you!
Just to reassure you, I honestly don't think the form matters that much. In my mock, I didn't do any type of form whatsoever because I didn't realise we had to and I still got 11/16 marks and it wasn't an amazing answer so I think that doing the wrong form will lose you maybe 1 or 2 marks maximum :smile: Good luck in all your other exams

cheers, you too!!
Hey i am new to this forum and i was just wondering what I need to get a b if my coursework was 69-80

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saschaisdead
wait wtf did it say u had to analyse the sub heading, what sub heading i didnt even see that lmao ahhh

loool, yh they did, don't worry you'll probs lose like 2 marks. Plus I don't even count that 'sub-heading' as a sub-heading.

It was just a long, clever sentence in bold
Original post by booklover13
I started on Section B first and then moved onto Section A. And yeah, my timing was bad too, I had only 8 mins left to finish question 1 which was the last question I answered. :-(

all my english teachers had this session where they all did a language exam under timed conditions and they all came out flustered: there's not enough time.
Did anyone else write that the Bear Grylls article was humorous?
I really think I've screwed up. For the headline I wrote that "Grylls grilled" is a play on words? and I wrote that its humorous, like the issue the article is referring to.
Then I said that the sub heading was a long sentence, and was sort of unnecessary -.-, therefore being effective as it links in with the whole unnecessary long winded issue the article is referring to.
I was just wondering if I could ask you a few questions regarding todays exam. In question 2 apparently it asked you to analyse the headline, sub heading and picture… I was panicking so obviously did not read the question properly and just did 2 x headline and 2 x picture. How many marks will I lose for this? In question 3 I assumed Francis was a girl and referenced ‘she’ and ‘her’ throughout but realised at the last second and dint have time to go back and change it. How much will this affect my mark?Also in question 6 it asked you to write an article in response to the statement. Lots of people are saying that you should have only given one point of view but I did agreeing and disagreeing with the statement as well as including public views. Have I messed up this question?Apologies for the long message!
Original post by pheebsdancer
I was just wondering if I could ask you a few questions regarding todays exam. In question 2 apparently it asked you to analyse the headline, sub heading and picture… I was panicking so obviously did not read the question properly and just did 2 x headline and 2 x picture. How many marks will I lose for this? In question 3 I assumed Francis was a girl and referenced ‘she’ and ‘her’ throughout but realised at the last second and dint have time to go back and change it. How much will this affect my mark?Also in question 6 it asked you to write an article in response to the statement. Lots of people are saying that you should have only given one point of view but I did agreeing and disagreeing with the statement as well as including public views. Have I messed up this question?Apologies for the long message!

For Question 2, I don't particularly think it's too much of a problem, mainly because the usual question is linking Picture, Heading & Text. So I think it's fine, but worst case scenario, maybe 2 marks?
Question 3, it doesn't matter that you referred to him as a girl.
Question 6, as long as you stuck to whatever you view was, and used public views to support your argument and negated opposing views, I think you'd be good to go! Shows a well rounded argument! Good luck!
Original post by fayecrystalsmith
Did anyone else write that the Bear Grylls article was humorous?
I really think I've screwed up. For the headline I wrote that "Grylls grilled" is a play on words? and I wrote that its humorous, like the issue the article is referring to.
Then I said that the sub heading was a long sentence, and was sort of unnecessary -.-, therefore being effective as it links in with the whole unnecessary long winded issue the article is referring to.

Same, except I called it a pun. I also said how 'landing in hot water ' in the subheadline was a pun too, linking to the water theme and I got the general humorous tone too - I said it brightens up your monday morning commute.
what was the 5th question.
all my english teachers had this session where they all did a language exam under timed conditions and they all came out flustered: there's not enough time.

hopefully the grade boundaries are low :afraid:
hopefully the grade boundaries are low :afraid:

grade boundaries are always the same
Original post by Mahrez
grade boundaries are always the same

what are the grade boundaries?
what are the grade boundaries?

57 a*
52 a
47 b
42 c
Original post by Mahrez
57 a*
52 a
47 b
42 c

On question 5, I didn't write 'Dear...' at the start and I didn't end with 'Yours Faithfully' or whatever. It was meant to be a letter though. So does anyone know if this is a problem?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending