The Student Room Group

Aqa English paper 2 as level 2016

Guys I haven't revised much and I need help with quick key things I need to know for this exam.. Some easy researches or how it's supposed to be laid out?
English language? Do you know all about groupings etc.
Reply 2
Original post by Oblivion99

Yes, I don't know anything
Original post by sannahx
Guys I haven't revised much and I need help with quick key things I need to know for this exam.. Some easy researches or how it's supposed to be laid out?

what 4 topics are you doing?
Original post by sannahx
Yes, I don't know anything

Same here - just know about deixis, the formality of the text/purpose and function of it also :smile:
Same here - just know about deixis, the formality of the text/purpose and function of it also :smile:

Woah I have no idea what any of that is...it sounds like paper 1 stuff tbh
I was taught 4 topics: Accent and Dialect, Occupation, Gender and Social Groups and debates on how these affect language...
I've mainly revised language theorists, accent and dialect, language and power and all that, anything could come up and we get a choice of two questions in section A.
Original post by keelanforrester
I was taught 4 topics: Accent and Dialect, Occupation, Gender and Social Groups and debates on how these affect language...

same here!
The specimen paper had Occupation and Gender come up as the 1st Section options and Accent as the opinion piece.
So I reckon Social Groups is definitely going to show up somewhere. I also think accent and dialect is going to show up in the first section :smile:

what did people mean by this weve been taught nothing on this omg
I dunno what that stuff is either
You should have been taught 4 topics like debates, theories and studies for them? And a potential opinion piece on one of the four
Reply 11
Original post by keelanforrester

Yes they're the 4 we've been taught too but I don't know what to write apart from researchers..
Original post by sannahx
Yes they're the 4 we've been taught too but I don't know what to write apart from researchers..

Your teacher should have gave you data and examples to apply the researchers to and stuff maybe?

Quick Reply

Latest