The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Really obvious question but do you actually need 24 individual points to get 24 marks? Is the paper marked breadth over depth? My teacher has always told us to put 8 AO1 points, 8/9 studies, 3/4 IDA points (hence adding up to 24 marks). I always thought that was right until I read some of the responses here and now it just seems like overkill :s-smilie:
If you have a really detailed paragraph on one study, how many AO2 points would you get?
Original post by Kellypom
Anyone else finding it hard to memorise everything??? So much content to remember :frown: I'm struggling with what to revise for eating behaviour and aggression
For aggression focus on neural/hormonal mechanisms, genes, and evolutionary explanations (both group behaviour and infidelity/jealousy). These are most likely to come up. :smile:
Original post by SunDun111
Anyone fancy marking my evolutionary explanations of human aggression, my groups display already been marked thankfully!

mind if you upload the group displays of aggression essay?
Reply 3023
Hey for an essay on circadian rhythms would you write about the sleep wake cycle, stages of sleep, endogenous and exogenous factors and the functions for sleep? Thanks a lot! :smile:
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
mind if you upload the group displays of aggression essay?

Ill send you it!
Original post by Oiseaux
Really obvious question but do you actually need 24 individual points to get 24 marks? Is the paper marked breadth over depth? My teacher has always told us to put 8 AO1 points, 8/9 studies, 3/4 IDA points (hence adding up to 24 marks). I always thought that was right until I read some of the responses here and now it just seems like overkill :s-smilie:If you have a really detailed paragraph on one study, how many AO2 points would you get?
TBH examiners mark so many papers they can't be bothered to go adding up all your points. My teacher is an examiner and he mainly looks at how balanced and detailed an essay is, so some breadth mostly depth. :smile:
Original post by Ame32
Hey for an essay on circadian rhythms would you write about the sleep wake cycle, stages of sleep, endogenous and exogenous factors and the functions for sleep? Thanks a lot! :smile:

I would write about sleep wake cycle and how its controlled endogenously and exogenously and the write about core body temp.
Reply 3027
Original post by wabbit998
I would write about sleep wake cycle and how its controlled endogenously and exogenously and the write about core body temp.

Thank you very, appreciate your help! :smile:
Hi guys, can anyone tell me, if it asks about the role of classical/operant conditioning in the behaviour of non-human animals, is talking about training of wild animals prior to release (CC) and PRT techniques (OC) for AO1 correct?
Original post by Kellypom
Anyone else finding it hard to memorise everything??? So much content to remember :frown: I'm struggling with what to revise for eating behaviour and aggression

SAME I feel so stressed, I'm so nervous :frown:
Original post by Oiseaux
Really obvious question but do you actually need 24 individual points to get 24 marks? Is the paper marked breadth over depth? My teacher has always told us to put 8 AO1 points, 8/9 studies, 3/4 IDA points (hence adding up to 24 marks). I always thought that was right until I read some of the responses here and now it just seems like overkill :s-smilie:
If you have a really detailed paragraph on one study, how many AO2 points would you get?

You can half all of those!
Half that and that's literally a perf structure, if you have a really detailed para on one study for ao2 but just describing method you can get maybe 4 marks, if you evaluate the supporting study methodologically, ethically/practically, add an ida, comparisons (like really long it out)- you can get like 8 marks from one study !!
Just to get this clear: functions of sleep is the same as sleep stages and lifestyle changes?
Original post by miajohnsonhall
You can half all of those!
Half that and that's literally a perf structure, if you have a really detailed para on one study for ao2 but just describing method you can get maybe 4 marks, if you evaluate the supporting study methodologically, ethically/practically, add an ida, comparisons (like really long it out)- you can get like 8 marks from one study !!

Original post by Daisy May
TBH examiners mark so many papers they can't be bothered to go adding up all your points. My teacher is an examiner and he mainly looks at how balanced and detailed an essay is, so some breadth mostly depth. :smile:

Thanks! I honestly feel like my whole life is a lie rn :redface:
has anyone started revising for psya4 yet??
Original post by cherry1997

Nope... Thankfully that's an easier paper, going to cram this weekend
Original post by cherry1997

I've studied half of media psychology but I don't have time to carry on till midday on Friday.

I found some condensed notes online though so I should be fine, hopefully.
Original post by miajohnsonhall
Just to get this clear: functions of sleep is the same as sleep stages and lifestyle changes?

I don't think so....sleep stages are the stages 1-4 and REM etc (outline)
lifestyle changes are to do with age so you'd start with infants sleep for 16 hours on average etc
functions of sleep are to do with restorative theories e.g. Oswald and Horne
hope that helps!
Original post by Tortoises172
Hi guys, can anyone tell me, if it asks about the role of classical/operant conditioning in the behaviour of non-human animals, is talking about training of wild animals prior to release (CC) and PRT techniques (OC) for AO1 correct?

Yes!
Reply 3038
Original post by Oiseaux

You can get full marks with just two studies, as long as you evaluate it all methodologically. I know I've gotten full marks on 24 markers with only two/three studies before but made up for it with methodological evaluation and IDA. It is a depth/breadth trade off so you can get full marks if the answer itself is balanced.
Original post by Daisy May
One year some papers were taken at knifepoint. Must have been desperate lol!

Imagine! They must have been really ****ed revision-wise to take it that far :laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending