The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Geography A - 24th May 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Lrrgolas
did literally everyone here do the questions I didn't do..

I did coastal environments, hazardous environments (and that for field work), econ activity and energy, urban environments (and that for field work), development and human welfare

You might have done Geography B because those were not on the A paper! Or you may have done the AS Geography paper... πŸ’­

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zoeolo
You might have done Geography B because those were not on the A paper! Or you may have done the AS Geography paper... πŸ’­

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope my bad, I did the geography IGCSE and did geography A, just didn't realise that this is the gcse thread...
Reply 82
guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im scared for tomorrow
Thank God! I put Church Stretton aswell!
Original post by gameofno
guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im scared for tomorrow

same! have you revised?
Reply 85
Original post by Theworriedbanana
same! have you revised?

im REVISING RN BUT NOTHING IS STICKING INTO MY HEAD ??????????????????? i need to redeem myself for unit 1:frown:
im REVISING RN BUT NOTHING IS STICKING INTO MY HEAD ??????????????????? i need to redeem myself for unit 1:frown:

SAME. I need to get an A on this to get a B overall :frown: think ive got a U on the unit 1
Reply 87
Original post by Theworriedbanana
SAME. I need to get an A on this to get a B overall :frown: think ive got a U on the unit 1

im aiming for an A overall or A* cause parents :frown: SAME WHAT THE HELL I COMPLETLEY MADE UP THE LAST ANSWER FOR UNIT 1 LOL
im aiming for an a overall or a* cause parents :frown: same what the hell i completley made up the last answer for unit 1 lol

i messed up on everything haha
Reply 89
i bloody hate rivers. i hate meanders. i hate case studies
why do case studies exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 91
I hate Edexcel. They give us 8 sub topics for each of the six units plus case studies for almost each sub topic then give us an hour and 15 mins to answer relativley large questions that need at least 3 min thinking time and time to analyse the graphs properly.I need a A*[that was my predicted grade] and now I'm sure that if there horrible tomorrow that's never going to happen cause nothing's staying in.
Reply 92
Does anyone have any predictions for tomorrow's paper??
Original post by zara_bda
Does anyone have any predictions for tomorrow's paper??

Fetch ?!
I really don't know lol
How did everyone find it? I hated the fact there weren't many case studies on. I revised so much for those! I was not expecting the carbon footprint question...
Original post by wellsy2000
How did everyone find it? I hated the fact there weren't many case studies on. I revised so much for those! I was not expecting the carbon footprint question...

Yeah same! I spent all last name got learning case studies as I didn't know any just for literally none to come up...
What was the answer to the first question? I probably got it wrong. 175KM? IDK! I wasted so much time on the 6 mark question for economic/social reasons why people wanted to live in areas that have earthquakes. I started writing about volcanoes LOL! But I crossed it out and wrote my answer on lined paper. I was worried I won't have much time, but I did! :redface: How did you find it? The UK river question was so odd, I learnt the Mississippi river case study so I just wrote about the river Stour and wrote about the techniques used which were all false, will I still get the marks? I wrote about channelisation, afforestation and dredging but have no idea if they are used there or not and something about the Thames River.
I got 225 km which was confirmed by some friends but I'm not sure. I quite liked that six marker but I didn't feel I had enough to write about it. You should get the marks for the Mississippi question but the coastal flooding forecasting and planning was a bit cheeky. I wrote afforestation, channelisation, flood walls so you'll get it. I didn't expect the carbon footprint question.
How did you guys find the Human Environment exam yesterday?
Original post by Curry Muncher
How did you guys find the Human Environment exam yesterday?

It was much easier than I expected but I still managed to flop because of the lack of case studies in my head. I literally learnt them the HOUR before the exam
How was it for you?

Quick Reply

Latest