I didnt like it one bit.
Reply 2
Original post by blugg
I didnt like it one bit.

pretty sure it had so much unrelated spec content
Reply 3
Original post by APersonYo
pretty sure it had so much unrelated spec content

OCR have gone crazy about application. Completely unfair how hard these papers are compared to old spec. It wasn't the stuff you'd expect to come up either. Chi-squared isn't even in my text book. At least the breadth paper was better
Reply 4
Original post by blugg
OCR have gone crazy about application. Completely unfair how hard these papers are compared to old spec. It wasn't the stuff you'd expect to come up either. Chi-squared isn't even in my text book. At least the breadth paper was better

Breadth paper was better... chi-squared is an A2 topic, which is just plain evil. But the chi-square question I found to be fairly straight forward( it wasn't too dissimilar to spear-man's rank). It's just there was absolutely no straight forward questions.
Reply 5
Breadth paper was better... chi-squared is an A2 topic, which is just plain evil. But the chi-square question I found to be fairly straight forward( it wasn't too dissimilar to spear-man's rank). It's just there was absolutely no straight forward questions.

Yeah, the chi-square could have been worse but I probably got it wrong. The thing that irritated me is that I practiced all other statistical techniques but they chose to test us on chi-square. The chitin question was nice though. Don't think anyone did terribly in this one so hopefully grade boundaries will reflect this.
Reply 6
Original post by blugg
Yeah, the chi-square could have been worse but I probably got it wrong. The thing that irritated me is that I practiced all other statistical techniques but they chose to test us on chi-square. The chitin question was nice though. Don't think anyone did terribly in this one so hopefully grade boundaries will reflect this.

I did terribly in this one ahahahah
Reply 7
Original post by blugg

Chitin question was weird... I mean I did write stuff but I wasn't 100% sure on it.
Reply 8
Original post by Cherx
Chitin question was weird... I mean I did write stuff but I wasn't 100% sure on it.

I was literally how you would describe the structure of cellulose but obviously applied to chitin with that weird monomer. They kind of hinted at it because you had to suggest a monosaccharide that it was most similar too (beta-glucose). This is the only question i did well in lol
Reply 9
I did terribly in this one ahahahah

Yeah its not looking great for me tbh
Reply 10
Original post by blugg
I was literally how you would describe the structure of cellulose but obviously applied to chitin with that weird monomer. They kind of hinted at it because you had to suggest a monosaccharide that it was most similar too (beta-glucose). This is the only question i did well in lol

Yeah I got confused because cellulose forms it's bond vertically. But the 1,4 glycosdic bonds bit threw me off as it suggested the bonds were horizontal. The 6 marker on enzyme was beautiful though :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by blugg

I accidentally got that question right.
Reply 12
Original post by Cherx
Yeah I got confused because cellulose forms it's bond vertically. But the 1,4 glycosdic bonds bit threw me off as it suggested the bonds were horizontal. The 6 marker on enzyme was beautiful though :smile:

6 marker on enzymes was beautiful if you knew what you were doing ( I DID NOT)
If its any consolation, when the new spec was introduced you needed 66% for an A on the second paper (2009 I think)
Reply 14
Original post by BluntBluster
If its any consolation, when the new spec was introduced you needed 66% for an A on the second paper (2009 I think)

Thank God
Reply 15
Original post by BluntBluster

Bro, you just made my day
Reply 16
6 marker on enzymes was beautiful if you knew what you were doing ( I DID NOT)

Well I was half expecting them to make us write out a plan for an experiment.. Which would have been the worst 6 marker if it came up. The other circulation 6 marker was horrible though. Do you hjave chem on Friday?
Reply 17
Original post by Cherx
Well I was half expecting them to make us write out a plan for an experiment.. Which would have been the worst 6 marker if it came up. The other circulation 6 marker was horrible though. Do you hjave chem on Friday?

Yes, I'm not scared for chemistry though. Maths and chemistry are the two A levels I'm really good at. The 6 marker on circulation couldn't be any VAGUER. I think I got 3 marks for the enzyme 6 marker and 4 marks for the circulation one
Reply 18
Yes, I'm not scared for chemistry though. Maths and chemistry are the two A levels I'm really good at. The 6 marker on circulation couldn't be any VAGUER. I think I got 3 marks for the enzyme 6 marker and 4 marks for the circulation one

Ah I'm weak at maths and didn't too good on the first paper. So need to make up with this one but it looks unlikely. I did revise enzymes thoroughly though as it didn't come up at all in breadth. About 4 marks is still pretty good. I only made 2 rubbish points of blood is not enclosed in veins and the double circulatory so heart beat can push blood to entire body. But I think you had to talk about gradients etc. which I didn't. If they asked about fish it would have been better lol. No point dwelling now though. Gotta do chem like crazy in the next two days.
Reply 19
Original post by Cherx
Ah I'm weak at maths and didn't too good on the first paper. So need to make up with this one but it looks unlikely. I did revise enzymes thoroughly though as it didn't come up at all in breadth. About 4 marks is still pretty good. I only made 2 rubbish points of blood is not enclosed in veins and the double circulatory so heart beat can push blood to entire body. But I think you had to talk about gradients etc. which I didn't. If they asked about fish it would have been better lol. No point dwelling now though. Gotta do chem like crazy in the next two days.

Dropped 2 marks in my core 2 maths paper :wink: Yeah, I'll just do a few past papers for chemistry then and I'll revise S1 like crazy before the S1 exam. What examboards do you do? I do edexcel for maths and OCR A for chemistry

Quick Reply

Latest