The Student Room Group

English language as level paper 2 8th june prediction

Scroll to see replies

Theorists (that I've learnt about in class) -

Power - Wareing 1999 (3 types of power - political, personal,social group)
- Fairclough (Power behind/in discourse)
- Deborah Tannen (political correctness)

Occupation - Sinclair and Coulthard (initiation,response,feedback theory)
- Wareing (power in the workplace)
- Work talk theory (Lakoff?)

Accent - Trudgill (Norwich N pronunciation theory)
- Workman (hierarchy of accents by intelligence around the UK)

Gender - 4 D's (difference, diversity, deficit, dominance models)
- Dale Spender (feminism numerous theories there lol)

I think that's it but if there are any more then please don't hesitate to add!
Lets just all hope that the source paper isn't as big as the table this time round ...:s-smilie::frown:
Original post by revision1
Lets just all hope that the source paper isn't as big as the table this time round ...:s-smilie::frown:

If it is I'll cry, there was no way i could have the sheet on my table and my paper at the same time so i had to keep checking my sheet by moving stuff around which was very awkward to say the least lol
Original post by harry998
If it is cry, there was no way i could have the sheet on my table and my paper at the same time so i had to keep checking my sheet by moving stuff around which was very awkward to say the least lol

Exactly there really is no point in the paper being that massive :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Original post by merkatron
...although you could argue that the question 3 was actually region and class/social groups together, so 4/4 topics actually appeared in some form or other.

True, true. It seems more likely that region and social groups will be somewhat linked as they both have similar theorists such as Trudgill, Labov, Petyt and Bernstein

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending