The Student Room Group

English language AQA thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheNerdxP
So did I, maybe it wasn't too original then for me? damn xD but we've all explained it in different ways, I talked about Donald Trump and David Cameron xD

Donald Trump and David Cameron? I'd like to give your article a read! :biggrin:
Original post by robyn2000
I'm usually an a or a* student, but I messed up questions 5 and 6. I forgot to put the structure for a letter and just wrote, and didn't sign question 6. Apart from that, I thought I wrote well on the whole. Will I lose lots of marks for this or just a few? Thanks

I read through a past exam example. One of the people got one off full marks for a letter writing question and had no structure except to say "Dear Sir/Madam". You won't lose loads of marks. Don't worry!
And why did you need to sign question 6?? It was an article! :colondollar:
Original post by surina16
I messed up the timings so much and so I had like 40 mins (or less) for the whole of Section B so I just kinda panicked and wrote such rubbish bs :redface:

Don't worry too much. For English, I find that you tend to get more marks for rubbish than you do for brilliance. :smile:
Was it appropriate to write question 5 as pushing your own limit for euthanasia, I mean I was writing about a grandma dying and so it was my decision whether to accept the call or not ,which I did and somehow linked it to charity, and how I went beyond it by "letting go" or something, I don't feel like I did it right.
Original post by luciie
Yes

Only for q5

For q5,i did good,and spent a lot of time,it was my 2nd fave question(1st was the UK one)
However,i didn't put a postcode or address..so idk how bad i'm going to be marked down?Willt his have any impact?It was a letter,i did say "Dear..." but i forgot to write the address
Reply 43
Anyone else write about skydiving? I also included lots of humour whilst keeping it fairly formal.
Original post by Blancosdos
For q5,i did good,and spent a lot of time,it was my 2nd fave question(1st was the UK one)
However,i didn't put a postcode or address..so idk how bad i'm going to be marked down?Willt his have any impact?It was a letter,i did say "Dear..." but i forgot to write the address

You didn't need to do any of that stuff apart from the dear part and signing it off so don't worry
Reply 45
I didn't format it as a letter at all and did it in an article/blog type of way due to misreading the question. Does anyone have any idea of how many marks I'm going to lose?
Original post by Wordnerd2
Yes, I talked about how terrorism has caused some people to doubt whether to go abroad because it said uncertainty. I said how it could happen here or anywhere else in the world so you may as well just enjoy yourself and go abroad.

Oh **** i associated uncertainty with the weather!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by luciie
I didn't format it as a letter at all and did it in an article/blog type of way due to misreading the question. Does anyone have any idea of how many marks I'm going to lose?

Would be only one or two; if any.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending