The Student Room Group

a second possible retake at a levels...???

hi
im currrently retaking yr 12 with completely different subjects i had done last year. i done psychology at the beginning and wanted to take it again (i got a C) but there was no more space. im retaking with politics and english and i was forced to take business as a third even though i hate it there was no other option. i now feel im going to fail business and i do want to drop it and do psychology at A2 with my other subjects at A2 as well.
problem is the spec has slightly changed for psychology where they sit both AS and A2 next year whereas i just need to sit A2.
so do you think the college will let me take psychology next year if i get into A2?? im really worried cos if they dont ill have to do a second retake and i dont want that
Original post by Anonymous789
hi
im currrently retaking yr 12 with completely different subjects i had done last year. i done psychology at the beginning and wanted to take it again (i got a C) but there was no more space. im retaking with politics and english and i was forced to take business as a third even though i hate it there was no other option. i now feel im going to fail business and i do want to drop it and do psychology at A2 with my other subjects at A2 as well.
problem is the spec has slightly changed for psychology where they sit both AS and A2 next year whereas i just need to sit A2.
so do you think the college will let me take psychology next year if i get into A2?? im really worried cos if they dont ill have to do a second retake and i dont want that

That would really be up to the college, if the spec has changed then you need to check if that one is still defiantly on offer or not.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
That would really be up to the college, if the spec has changed then you need to check if that one is still defiantly on offer or not.

if its had a slight change would it still matter??
if its had a slight change would it still matter??

I think it would matter if it changed in any way at all really, i m afraid.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
I think it would matter if it changed in any way at all really, i m afraid.

cos i was thinking if i still passed psychology with a C i dont mind doing both AS and A2 with the new spec next year. and i dont see why they shouldnt let me.
hi

Any difference in the content and emphasis of the course or how it will be tested (how ever small you think it might be) will make them worried about how you will cope and how much of a burden you might be to the rest of the class while you catch up. If I was in your position I would meet with the college as soon as exams are over. I'd tell them that regardless of results you would like to switch to psychology for your final year. Make a positive, well thought out choice not a negative reaction to a poor result. I'd also tell them I planned to use the summer to self study the new AS psychology content so I'd be ready to join the class next term. I'd tell them I'd be happy to do an AS level test after the holidays to prove I was ready and capable. Make sure you have looked through the new specification and the sample papers so you can see the differences between the two, it will show you are serious and that you know the task you are taking on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by gdunne42
Any difference in the content and emphasis of the course or how it will be tested (how ever small you think it might be) will make them worried about how you will cope and how much of a burden you might be to the rest of the class while you catch up. If I was in your position I would meet with the college as soon as exams are over. I'd tell them that regardless of results you would like to switch to psychology for your final year. Make a positive, well thought out choice not a negative reaction to a poor result. I'd also tell them I planned to use the summer to self study the new AS psychology content so I'd be ready to join the class next term. I'd tell them I'd be happy to do an AS level test after the holidays to prove I was ready and capable. Make sure you have looked through the new specification and the sample papers so you can see the differences between the two, it will show you are serious and that you know the task you are taking on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I definitely would've done that. Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest