The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS/A2 Mathematics M1 - 8th June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have a moments question that isnt at equilibrium?
If I got 299/300 last year, assuming I got average of 90 in C3 and C4 do I only need 1 UMS in M1 for an A* overall? (of course I'm aiming for more but just thought it was worth checking)
Original post by Questioner1234
If I got 299/300 last year, assuming I got average of 90 in C3 and C4 do I only need 1 UMS in M1 for an A* overall? (of course I'm aiming for more but just thought it was worth checking)

Yes.
Original post by Questioner1234

And I thought having to get only 18 UMS in M1 was pretty cool... hahahaha
Does anyone have a list of the models we could be asked to define/say why they work etc (you know - the one mark type things) and what we should write? Thanks - and good luck everyone! Terrified over here... x
Original post by SnowLeopard27
Does anyone have a list of the models we could be asked to define/say why they work etc (you know - the one mark type things) and what we should write? Thanks - and good luck everyone! Terrified over here... x

These are the terms you need to know for modelling:

particle
rod
lamina
uniform body
centre of mass
light object
inextensible string / inelastic string
smooth / rough surface
wire
smooth, light pulley
bead
peg
air resistance
wind
gravity
Original post by KloppOClock
These are the terms you need to know for modelling:

particle
rod
lamina
uniform body
centre of mass
light object
inextensible string / inelastic string
smooth / rough surface
wire
smooth, light pulley
bead
peg
air resistance
wind
gravity

How do wind and air resistance differ?
Original post by Don Pedro K.
How do wind and air resistance differ?

imagine dropping a ball straight down on a calm day vs during a tornado
Original post by KloppOClock
imagine dropping a ball straight down on a calm day vs during a tornado

Ah okay yeah haha
Pls Someone quickly tell me tne forces on bottom blocks when one block is on top of another and they are both inside a lift
Original post by fpmaniac
Pls Someone quickly tell me tne forces on bottom blocks when one block is on top of another and they are both inside a lift

page 21
http://www.mrbartonmaths.com/resources/a%20level%20revision/M1.pdf
Reply 891
Force on bottom block will be equal to the weight of the top block and bottom block combined
Hey guys,
Anyone willing to write a summary of the module? Any important formulas that need to be known and any rules, eg: tension the same on smooth pulley etc.
I am very confused about the module and by giving a summary it would hopefully help me and others who are struggling. Thanks much appreciated
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had a link to the 2015 M1 paper?
I found the model answers one, but would like to sit a lil mock for myself before I go to bed.
Original post by jenny01
Hey guys,
Anyone willing to write a summary of the module? Any important formulas that need to be known and any rules, eg: tension the same on smooth pulley etc.
I am very confused about the module and by giving a summary it would hopefully help me and others who are struggling. Thanks much appreciated

the exam is in 9 and a half hours?
Could anyone explain what you do when one vector is, for example south west of another? I know its something to do with knowing they make an isosceles triangle but still a bit confused on the method. Thanks in advance
If you get the right answer with working that is different (but still valid) from the mark scheme do you get full credit mark wise?
Original post by audreygal
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had a link to the 2015 M1 paper?

Edexcel website?

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A-Level/Mathematics/2013/Exam-materials/6677_01_que_20150603.pdf
This thread is beginning to get repetitive!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending