The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by doherty97
For loopas prediction for the roles of genes and hormones for gender, is that the biological explanations of gender dysphoria?
im doing gender, aggression and sleep which would be the main essay for each would you recommend to learn

hmmmm to some extent, I am personally focusing on things like the SRY gene and the role of testosterone but that ties in with disorders....so yeah I guess?!
wow I'm so helpful:s-smilie:
with studies I'm including the case study of David Reimer and Deady et al

by the way, we're doing the same topics!!

Aggression:neural/ hormonal mechanisms
Sleep:circadian rhythms, endogenous pacemakers/exogenous zeitgeibers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by toetothunder
I've noticed that examiners in the report often complain about student not mentioning 'implications' of IDA's and evaluations. How do we do this? for example if I mention that a study conducted on animals cannot be generalised to the human population, what next?

I guess you'd say the validity is reduced and the implication of this is it's less useful in supporting a theory, and may also have implications for treatment (thalidomide is always a good example of this)
Original post by wickedisgood
-Outdated - women don't need no man these days
-Doesn't take adopted/fostered kids into account (why do people invest in kids that aren't passing on their genes?)
-Reductionist - reduces complex experiences into simply doing everything due to getting survival advantages

Ah thank you so much! I didn't know the first 2 were IDA's so I luckily had them in my essay anyway yay
Reply 3103
Original post by Daisy May
That's a lot earlier than most people. We all have it around 1.15/1.30. Let us know how it goes :wink:

Yeah, the rest of my school are doing it at 1.. it clashes with my Music Technology paper and that requires a CD and software and stuff so Psychology had to be moved..
Original post by Daisy May
That's a lot earlier than most people. We all have it around 1.15/1.30. Let us know how it goes :wink:

Original post by pombok
I have my PSYA3 at 10:30am tomorrow :frown:

Pretty sure mine's later at 1:45?
But sure feel free to help us out :P
Original post by pombok
Yeah. I'm being kept in isolation for basically the whole day...

Ah damn if only you could tell us
For cognition & development, if we're asked about applications to education, will we be given a specific theory (Piaget, Vygotsky etc.) or will it just be open to discuss any theory?
Original post by rosieschofield
Ah thank you so much! I didn't know the first 2 were IDA's so I luckily had them in my essay anyway yay

Hmm well I always assumed they fell under the issues bracket when properly developed, but now you're making me question that... yikes lol I'm not sure but they are definitely relevant points and you technically only need one definite IDA to get the marks
For gender dysphoria, do you do biological vs psychosocial explanations (it's in the textbook that way) or do you do biological vs cognitive/psychodynamic etc separately and not address them all as psychological? My teacher made us do them all as separate explanations but no way would I be able to do that in the exam it's too long ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wickedisgood
Hmm well I always assumed they fell under the issues bracket when properly developed, but now you're making me question that... yikes lol I'm not sure but they are definitely relevant points and you technically only need one definite IDA to get the marks

Nah I think you're right it's just I never made the connection. Don't worry and thanks!
Tell me I'm not the only one relying on Loopa's predictions?!
Like I can't do gender to save my life :|
Reply 3111
Original post by fastandfurious
Tell me I'm not the only one relying on Loopa's predictions?!
Like I can't do gender to save my life :|

From what I can see on my class group chat, all of us are...
Original post by perfectionist123
hmmmm to some extent, I am personally focusing on things like the SRY gene and the role of testosterone but that ties in with disorders....so yeah I guess?!
wow I'm so helpful:s-smilie:
with studies I'm including the case study of David Reimer and Deady et al

by the way, we're doing the same topics!!

Aggression:neural/ hormonal mechanisms
Sleep:circadian rhythms, endogenous pacemakers/exogenous zeitgeibers.

the only thing ive learnt with my teacher for biological explanations for gender is for dysphoria:///
wooo go us! do you have an essay for aggression, its the last thing i have to do
Original post by pombok
I have my PSYA3 at 10:30am tomorrow :frown:

No way you could ask to go toilet and help us out :wink:
Reply 3114
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
No way you could ask to go toilet and help us out :wink:

Unfortunately that would be a no as I am in isolation the whole day and they get my phone..
Praying the nature of sleep comes up so we can basically write anything?
Original post by doherty97
the only thing ive learnt with my teacher for biological explanations for gender is for dysphoria:///
wooo go us! do you have an essay for aggression, its the last thing i have to do

Dysphoria is the one thing I didn't learn much about :frown:

and I looked at a lot of sample essays so this is the one I learnt from:
http://a2psychologyunit3.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/discuss-neural-and-hormonal-mechanisms.html
Anyone got predictions for sleep, relationships and aggression
Original post by Tan1234
Anyone got predictions for sleep, relationships and aggression

Google loopa predictions 2016 and then whatever unit you need :smile:
Original post by rosieschofield
Praying the nature of sleep comes up so we can basically write anything?

Never been asked as a full essay although i think life span and stages would be the most appropriate

Latest

Trending

Trending