The Student Room Group

I can't look people in the eye

My eyes burn when I look into someone's eyes who are not my close family. It's mainly teachers but also even friends 😳 it probably looks like I'm crying or trying not to sneeze :P
Anyone else?
Used to be me last year but that's because I was really shy.

What about close friends? Do you still get the burning feeling then?
I struggle with this too but it could be things like anxiety. I get uncomfortable when looking at people's eyes and I find it hard to do but I've recently learn't this trick of looking in between peoples eyebrows. It makes you look more confident and they don't notice!! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Same.. When i'm on public transport, I either look at my phone or try to find something in my bag to look at because i'm shy. :lol: When i'm with my friends it's a different story. :smile:
Original post by Namita Gurung

With close friends probably the first 10 minutes of meeting- yeah, it's probs cause I'm shy. Il just have to practice looking into people's eyes haha

But I guess a lot of people struggle with this too...

Your eyes actually burned? :s-smilie:
Reply 6
I find it hard to maintain eye contact too
Original post by 0to100
Your eyes actually burned? :s-smilie:

No. Not as serious as OP. Just found it hard to make eye contact if I wasn't close to the person.

A lot of the teachers thought I was being rude :curious:
No. Not as serious as OP. Just found it hard to make eye contact if I wasn't close to the person.

A lot of the teachers thought I was being rude :curious:

Teachers :nah: lol this one time I was like 11 and I was taught to say "excuse me?" instead of "huh?" as I normally would lol
And so my teacher said something, I said "excuse me?" and she goes "yes...excuse you." Then put me on "time out."

Weird.
Anyway lol do you have social anxiety or something? :\
Reply 9
Buy shades?

pros;
You can also look at other stuff without them knowing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0to100
Teachers :nah: lol this one time I was like 11 and I was taught to say "excuse me?" instead of "huh?" as I normally would lol
And so my teacher said something, I said "excuse me?" and she goes "yes...excuse you." Then put me on "time out."

Weird.
Anyway lol do you have social anxiety or something? :\

She probably thought you meant it in a mean way :lol:

Used to. It was stupid since I was scared to even talk sometimes coz I thought people would start analysing how my voice sounded like.

Had that and other things but I'm fine now. :h:
She probably thought you meant it in a mean way :lol:

Used to. It was stupid since I was scared to even talk sometimes coz I thought people would start analysing how my voice sounded like.

Had that and other things but I'm fine now. :h:

Well that's good, you're really funny so let your Leo's inner lion come out. I think lions are known for their powerful stares anyway :wink:
Original post by 0to100
Well that's good, you're really funny so let your Leo's inner lion come out. I think lions are known for their powerful stares anyway :wink:

I'll keep that in mind :lol:

Spoiler

Sometimes when I'm on the bus people who really stink come on the bus most of the time from cigarettes or alcohol and my eyes water then. My eyes also water when I'm laughing and sometimes when I sneeze I get sudden shock tears.
I'll keep that in mind :lol:

Spoiler

I made up the powerful stares thing lol That kitten's got some nice locks.
Reply 15
Social anxiety...?
Think about why you don't want to look into their eyes.
Original post by 0to100
I made up the powerful stares thing lol That kitten's got some nice locks.

Dude I thought it was legit lmao
it's politer to look at people in the eye

Spoiler

Dude I thought it was legit lmao

I think the powerful stare thing is for wolves lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending