The Student Room Group

OCR COMPUTING 08/06/16 Topics likely to appear.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by surina16
lmao after wrongly predicting 3/4 English Lit texts I decided to give up :lol:

:biggrin:
Original post by justanotherlad
this test is gonna be difficult af because of that cheating scandal thing
apparently we are cheating because they ask a question which is answered in the textbook
ocr are retarded

I hope not because it's unfair for the people who didn't do that task :colonhash:
I'm bad enough at Computing as it is :redface:
Original post by surina16
I hope not because it's unfair for the people who didn't do that task :colonhash:
I'm bad enough at Computing as it is :redface:

Surina what you looking to get in computing? TBH i'll be happy with an A overall. Computing IMO is to hard to get that A*.

Gonna try get a High B/Low A in the exam and with my coursework it will be a solid A. How you currently revising for computing? Im using that youtube dude.
Original post by Federerr
Surina what you looking to get in computing? TBH i'll be happy with an A overall. Computing IMO is to hard to get that A*.

Gonna try get a High B/Low A in the exam and with my coursework it will be a solid A. How you currently revising for computing? Im using that youtube dude.

I'm in the same position as you. There is only one student on my class who achieves A* in the theory paper and that is probably because their father is a computer scientist. If I get at least an A in my exam I could probably get an overall A*. If I get lower than a B grade in tomorrow's paper I am doomed.
Reply 24
I was wondering...since I have two A* in my coursework which is 60%, how much do I need to tomorrows paper to get an A* overall?
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
As can be seen from the attachment, the highlighted topics did not appear in the 2015 paper thus are likely to appear this year The topics not highlighted DID appear in the 2015 paper. I have also presented the topics that have appeared in all the papers so perhaps you can spot some sort of trend. Good luck to you all; let's achieve those A*.

could you post as a pdf or something, won't come up on my laptop
Original post by eternalhinch
could you post as a pdf or something, won't come up on my laptop

I've added screenshots of the spreadsheet to a word document. Hopefully it will work.
Original post by ArMy07
I was wondering...since I have two A* in my coursework which is 60%, how much do I need to tomorrows paper to get an A* overall?

I also achieved an overall A* in my coursework and I asked my computing teacher; if we get an A, preferably a middle/high A, we are guaranteed an A*.
I've added screenshots of the spreadsheet to a word document. Hopefully it will work.

it's the word document that won't come up
Reply 29
I have an A* in both my courseworks, what minimum grade would I need in the exam for an A?
Reply 30
I also achieved an overall A* in my coursework and I asked my computing teacher; if we get an A, preferably a middle/high A, we are guaranteed an A*.

Ah ok thanks! I'll try for an A, although the chances of me getting that is extremely slim...:s-smilie:
As can be seen from the attachment, the highlighted topics did not appear in the 2015 paper thus are likely to appear this year The topics not highlighted DID appear in the 2015 paper. I have also presented the topics that have appeared in all the papers so perhaps you can spot some sort of trend. Good luck to you all; let's achieve those A*.

could you coyp and paste the topics and send me a message please?
@Wolfram Alpha

I don't have excel, would you be able to post a screenshot of the file instead?
Original post by KomradeKorbyn
@Wolfram Alpha

I don't have excel, would you be able to post a screenshot of the file instead?

Just bear me with for a second.
@KomradeKorbyn
@eternalhinch
I have attached the screenshots for the whole spreadsheet. Please let me know if you are confused about the layout.
@KomradeKorbyn
@eternalhinch
By the way, for the years that go across the top, it's specimen, then Jan 2011, June 2011, Jan 2012, June 2012, Jan 2013, June 2013, June 2014 and June 2015 respectively.
@KomradeKorbyn
@eternalhinch
I have attached the screenshots for the whole spreadsheet. Please let me know if you are confused about the layout.

what are the highlighted topics about?
Original post by eternalhinch
what are the highlighted topics about?

The highlighted topics are those that did not appear in the 2015 paper thus are likely to appear in this years paper.
The highlighted topics are those that did not appear in the 2015 paper thus are likely to appear in this years paper.

ok thank you
Hi, I got 37/45 in the Appinventor and 31/45 in the programming controlled assessment. I just checked the UMS converter, and these grades convert to 65 UMS and 76 UMS respectively.

But it seems the highest you can get in the test is 120 UMS, and that would mean even if I got 120 UMS I still couldn't get more than 261 UMS in total, which is short of the 270 UMS required for an A*.

Does this mean it is impossible for me to get an A* overall?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending