The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by perfectionist123
Dysphoria is the one thing I didn't learn much about :frown:

and I looked at a lot of sample essays so this is the one I learnt from:
http://a2psychologyunit3.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/discuss-neural-and-hormonal-mechanisms.html

Dysphoria is pretty ok if you can remember it. Many small bullet points.

Psychological- Mental illness. Case study about a kid who's mother had depression when he was 3, he had experienced trauma therefore anxiety formed as fantasy of transsexualism.

Mother-son relationship- talk about too close, confusion of gender etc. etc.

Biological: Enviromental- research found pollution= contains DDT insectide contain estrogen so can increase the levels pre-natally for male.

Brain-sex theory: Reserachers found the levels of BSTc in hetro men was 2x that in hertro women. However found that FtM= had same as male lvl and MtF had the women lvl. Could be linked to gender.

gentic sex and hormones mismatch- talk here about the AIS- Androgen insenitivity sydrome. Male sex while their hormoes are femaile till puberty. Intersex individuals etc. They are socially labelled female and therefore brought up female even though male.

You want evaluation? I can help with simple points.
Good luck.
do we get marked down if our spelling and punctuation is bad?
Reply 3122
Guys i know loopas predictions for cog and development are: Piaget, mirror neuron, education and sense of self but im still worried something else may come up what do you guys think??
Original post by cherry1997

Depends how bad. They acknowledge there may be mistakes because of the time limit in the mark scheme, so if you spell a few names or theories wrong you should be good, but too many and I think you risk losing some AO1
Original post by cherry1997

Yes. No so much grammar, more flow and control of the essay. If you just make it clear and nice and easy to read and include clear points to the essay then you can gain any marks. It can literally make the difference between 2 or more grades. If you just make a point and carry on and not explain you lose marks. It has to be a nice clean easy.

Actual grammar and punctuation isn't that important.

Original post by Anam
Guys i know loopas predictions for cog and development are: Piaget, mirror neuron, education and sense of self but im still worried something else may come up what do you guys think??

Well im just gonna use loopa, if I mess up well then I'm ****ed lol.
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Never been asked as a full essay although i think life span and stages would be the most appropriate

Yep me too, if we were asked that I would write them but things like circadian rhythms are also considered appropriate so I would add that if I had time
@IHatePsychology Loving that username! :P
Original post by fastandfurious
@IHatePsychology Loving that username! :P

I actually hate it, really bad. It's no joke lol.
I studied hard for this all through the year but I just can't get all the essays down in my brain. In chemistry I work hard all year and I get a good grade I deserve. This is like a *****y memory test lol. I should have just left it to last week, cause in all honesty I'd at least have all the essays memorized lol
Original post by Tan1234
Anyone got predictions for sleep, relationships and aggression

Sleep bio ryhtms although it would be ciracadian on its own or endogenous exogenous linked with.
Nature of sleep
And then explanations for sleep disorders although sleepwalking is the front runner but learn atleast one such as insomnia

Relationships
Formation
breakdown
Culture
Human reproductive behavior

Aggression
Neural hormonal
genetics
Infidelity and jealousy
group explanations
how many marks overall do you need to get in PSYA4 to get an A and an A*?
Guys can we at least Buss (1989) some banter or are you guys aFreud :wink:
Sleep bio ryhtms although it would be ciracadian on its own or endogenous exogenous linked with.
Nature of sleep
And then explanations for sleep disorders although sleepwalking is the front runner but learn atleast one such as insomnia

Relationships
Formation
breakdown
Culture
Human reproductive behavior

Aggression
Neural hormonal
genetics
Infidelity and jealousy
group explanations

I've done some research, found a 'pattern' and managed to narrow it down:

R: sexual selection or breakdown
A: Neural or genetics
E: Neural or attitudes to food
Original post by yung7up
Guys can we at least Buss (1989) some banter or are you guys aFreud :wink:

Shackelford and buss is all I remember, I think it's for infedility. Thank god at least I can now identify the right essays. Still a full night of hard work. I honestly am very scared yet excited but more scared that the predicted q's don't come up lol.

I'd honestly be ****ed.
For a 24 mark essay on the nature of sleep, could you actually include and evaluate the functions of sleep or the role of endogenous pacemakers etc (basically anything)...? Or could you only put the stages of sleep and the lifespan changes?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by yung7up
I've done some research, found a 'pattern' and managed to narrow it down:

R: sexual selection or breakdown
A: Neural or genetics
E: Neural or attitudes to food

Could you elaborate? What was the pattern?
Could you elaborate? What was the pattern?

There is no pattern. If you learn less than 4 essays on each paper, you are ****ed. Your odds are much much worse than learn 4, which is half boosted by smart predictions. TREAD CAREFULLY!
Original post by IHatePsychology
Shackelford and buss is all I remember, I think it's for infedility. Thank god at least I can now identify the right essays. Still a full night of hard work. I honestly am very scared yet excited but more scared that the predicted q's don't come up lol.

I'd honestly be ****ed.

are you not sleeping ?

I'd honestly be ****ed.

Literally me lol sometimes i get a buzz when i dont know the question and have to freestyle and conjure my creative ********ting skills. Do you have chemistry next week?
Original post by rosieschofield
are you not sleeping ?

Nope, but I've done this a couple times. I can't sleep before a major exam, I have too much adrenaline lol.

Original post by yung7up
Literally me lol sometimes i get a buzz when i dont know the question and have to freestyle and conjure my creative ********ting skills. Do you have chemistry next week?

Yep, you can bs a bit but if you have no idea what to write at all then we ****ed lol.
Yep, chemistry next week and biology soon after. F324 paper last year was hard too. I am wasting importnat time on this *****y exam lol.
Nope, but I've done this a couple times. I can't sleep before a major exam, I have too much adrenaline lol.

Yep, you can bs a bit but if you have no idea what to write at all then we ****ed lol.
Yep, chemistry next week and biology soon after. F324 paper last year was hard too. I am wasting importnat time on this *****y exam lol.

I have not touched any of the sciences lololololol