The Student Room Group

AQA AS BIO Unit 2 OLD SPEC RESIT Tue 7th June (pm) 2016

Scroll to see replies

Have we come to an agreement about which boxes should have been ticked for the mitosis/meiosis question?? I know I got it wrong but I'm still holding out hope haha
Reply 501
@CourtlyCanter

Thanks for putting all the posts together I really appreciate - take my rep :smile:

I will have a proper look at these tomorrow then hopefully finish proper MS
Original post by Ordo
@CourtlyCanter

Thanks for putting all the posts together I really appreciate - take my rep :smile:

I will have a proper look at these tomorrow then hopefully finish proper MS

Thank you and you are very welcome. I believe you will be going through the paper with your teacher tomorrow if I'm not mistaken so maybe get your teacher to look over some of our answers if you and your teacher don't mind? Probably too much of an ask but yeah. Thank you in advance for putting one together.:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 503
Original post by CourtlyCanter
Thank you and you are very welcome. I believe you will be going through the paper with your teacher tomorrow if I'm not mistaken so maybe get your teacher to look over some of our answers if you and your teacher don't mind? Probably too much of an ask but yeah. Thank you in advance for putting one together.:smile:

Yep i saw there are three spare papers i wonder who is that for?
Because there is only me and my other friend resitting this exam.
Could you of said when comparing the genetic relatedness between bacteria talked about immunological?
Reply 505
Wasn't sure about the groups of cells question. I put tissue rather than organ :s
(edited 7 years ago)
Guys, you know for the two requirements for index of diversity does it matter if i said the total number of individuals of each species instead of using the word organisms
Original post by samim_s
Guys, you know for the two requirements for index of diversity does it matter if i said the total number of individuals of each species instead of using the word organisms

Individuals should be fine. Many definitions include individuals as opposed to organisms. It's the rest of the definition which is important - which you got!
Original post by lahigueraxxx
Individuals should be fine. Many definitions include individuals as opposed to organisms. It's the rest of the definition which is important - which you got!

Thank you, coming to this forum has made me doubt every word ive written lol, its disgusting how AQA decide to always make the papers 10x harder every year and you have people doing other exam boards whose papers are much easier and so they achieve better grades 😣😣😣
Original post by samim_s
Thank you, coming to this forum has made me doubt every word ive written lol, its disgusting how AQA decide to always make the papers 10x harder every year and you have people doing other exam boards whose papers are much easier and so they achieve better grades 😣😣😣

Aha I know what you mean...The worst thing is when the question you feel most confident about turns out to be wrong as well :frown: I know it's dreadful, I sometimes do OCR papers for extra revision and it makes me so jealous..AQA hate us :frown:
I got an A last year in unit 2 and have no idea if my resit would have been a higher A or a D… let's hope it's best mark counts :bawling::bawling:
[QUOTE="Yagami;65527953" Kira="Kira"]The question about why is the DNA between 1 and 2 arb units?

Odd number of chromosomes/ species is infertile? I dunno[/QUOTE)

- i thought that the difference was due to cells being in different stages of the cell cycle e.g. at the end of interphase so would have double the amount of DNA?
Does anyone remember what they put for the 2 marker for explaining the appearance of the chromosome,I think I said something like two identical sister chromatids joined together by a centromere?
Original post by Suits101
Good!

I drew two circles.
First circle I wrote:

Genus; Tiger - whatever it was, Clouded leopard - whatever it was
Then I did the same for the second circle but with species :smile:

2 circles were

1. panthera
2. tigris
the question about what additional investigations should scientists do before making a conclusion what did you guys put?

i put do another investigation away from site of sewage entering and compare ?
Grade boundary predictions anyone? I hate to say it but I reckon the grade boundaries will be higher than last year. The paper itself wasn't that much harder and then there's the fact that it's only a2 students doing the exam. I reckon it will be about 61/62 for an A.
Original post by HannahC-H
I got an A last year in unit 2 and have no idea if my resit would have been a higher A or a D… let's hope it's best mark counts :bawling::bawling:

Best mark counts.

Original post by Saldudsjen123
Does anyone remember what they put for the 2 marker for explaining the appearance of the chromosome,I think I said something like two identical sister chromatids joined together by a centromere?

Yup and that they were arranged at the centre of the cell
For the question about the dogs and why the genetic diversity was different I talked about genetic bottlenecks and how the alleles changed - is that wrong?
The question for dna base sequences? Could you talk about dna hybridisation, getting one strand from one of the species and one from another and if they are closely related they will possess more complementary bases so more hydrogen bonds form meaning thag the temperature at which the strand separates is higher?
By when will you have the full unofficial mark scheme up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending