The Student Room Group

I am not trying to be sexist

But the majority of women for some reason, walk and text at the same time, and have no social awareness
This is basically a "I'm not racist but... *insert racist comment*"

Loads of people walk and text m8
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes, you are not trying, you are succeeding.

Guys do it too, we're all products of the technical age, get with it kiddo.
"I am not trying to be sexist; it just comes naturally 💁"
This is me. I usually just end up stopping dead in the middle of the street until I've sent the fb message.
Reply 5
Original post by wickedisgood
Yes, you are not trying, you are succeeding.

Guys do it too, we're all products of the technical age, get with it kiddo.

Yes guys do it to, but the majority that I have witnessed seem to be young women
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
This is basically a "I'm not racist but... *insert sexist comment*"

Loads of people walk and text m8

This one!
I'm not sexist but it turns me off when girls don't shave their arm pits.
Reply 8
Original post by hezzlington
This is me. I usually just end up stopping dead in the middle of the street until I've sent the fb message.

At least you stop, others just continue ahead without looking forward.
I'm guilty of it.

Don't be sexist.
Original post by Blue_Mason
But the majority of women for some reason, walk and text at the same time, and have no social awareness

I do this, but mostly because I feel less awkward this way
Reply 11
I'm not being sexist but women are better at multi tasking than men. :h:
Original post by StaceyKae
I do this, but mostly because I feel less awkward this way

Do you know how awkward it is to navigate when an oncoming person who is too distracted and have forgotten their pedestrian awareness and etiquette , I mean you look even more awkward when you're walking at a normal pace and your eyes are glued to a screen and both hands are typing and scrolling on a virtual bacterial keyboard.
Original post by iqra2159
I'm not being sexist but women are better at multi tasking than men. :h:

I agree but men are more critical and rational thinkers and we cannot play with our emotions
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you know how awkward it is to navigate when an oncoming person who is too distracted and have forgotten their pedestrian awareness and etiquette , I mean you look even more awkward when you're walking at a normal pace and your eyes are glued to a screen and both hands are typing and scrolling on a virtual bacterial keyboard.

I'm sure that's all true, but someone who's socially awkward such as myself it feels more comforting to look into a screen than having to randomly make eye contact with people.
Original post by Melancholy
I'm not sexist but it turns me off when girls don't shave their arm pits.

Do you shave your arm pits then?
Original post by stevey396
Do you shave your arm pits then?

Nah, but I'm genetically fortunate in that regard.
Original post by StaceyKae
I'm sure that's all true, but someone who's socially awkward such as myself it feels more comforting to look into a screen than having to randomly make eye contact with people.

But you can look at people without engaging eye contact, briefly look, at their torso, forehead, feet and just to show that you acknowledge the person
I could understand if you're in a closed environment where their is little space, but on a normal street it is a must to have social awareness.
But you can look at people without engaging eye contact, briefly look, at their torso, forehead, feet and just to show that you acknowledge the person
I could understand if you're in a closed environment where their is little space, but on a normal street it is a must to have social awareness.

True say.

I can't text and walk it's really hard plus I need to see what's going on around me so I'll end up just calling the person.
I knew as soon as I clicked on this thread that it's something sexist :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest