The Student Room Group

AQA english language exam 7/6/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cookies15
What would I need in the exam if I got a very low A* in my coursework for this?

All depends on what number you got in your coursework (72? 73?) You can work it out though from that.
Original post by fayecrystalsmith
Did anyone else write that the Bear Grylls article was humorous?
I really think I've screwed up. For the headline I wrote that "Grylls grilled" is a play on words? and I wrote that its humorous, like the issue the article is referring to.
Then I said that the sub heading was a long sentence, and was sort of unnecessary -.-, therefore being effective as it links in with the whole unnecessary long winded issue the article is referring to.

I wrote this exact thing about being humorous and I wrote about how it was a bit pointless too
Who is Mr Bruff?
Original post by fayecrystalsmith
Sorry for a second post in here, but did anyone write about sentence structure for the comparison of the sources?, I wrote that source 3 uses a lot of varying sentence structures, such as short sentences for effect, where as source 1 uses longer sentences to inform the reader?
I'm pretty sure I've messed up since we were asked to compare language not sentence structures..

I did this as well loool :frown: I don't really think we would LOSE marks but instead they will just ignore it ...hopefully :tongue:. I've done 16 markers before for school and I did sentence structure and got 16 ... Idk if that is my teacher being too nice but she didn't tell me to not do it again sooo hopefully we will be ok :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miapeters
does anyone know how many marks you can get on question 5 if you don't actually answer the question? i meant to write about getting lost and how it pushed me to my limit finding my way back but i never actually wrote about limits and only wrote about getting lost,not finding my way back cos i ran out of time...basically my question 5 was just describing me getting lost. i didn't explain anything either, would i get any marks?aha

Thats what happened with me! My ending to it was ridiculous im so depressed urgh
For question 6, was it just holidays? I discussed holidays but also moving abroad because it didn't say holidays in the question? Obviously the most likely interpretation is holidays but will mine still be ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexdt300
Who is Mr Bruff?

Search mr Bruff on YouTube if you want:smile: teaches how to do the questions for this exam and the literature exam
Original post by leopard923
For question 6, was it just holidays? I discussed holidays but also moving abroad because it didn't say holidays in the question? Obviously the most likely interpretation is holidays but will mine still be ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be completely honest with you, it did say holiday in the question - I remember because I quoted it in my article - but as long as you have some stuff about holidays you'll be fine, don't worry about it now:smile:
Original post by grace143
To be completely honest with you, it did say holiday in the question - I remember because I quoted it in my article - but as long as you have some stuff about holidays you'll be fine, don't worry about it now:smile:

Ok thank you:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is a little ambigious aqa dtance on q4. But apparently it is mainly the use of language in the texts not just tge featuresl
Did anyone talk about air travel for q6???
Brcause that was what i based it on
This is the response from my tutor about yesterdays exam:

Don't worry! It's all done now so you shouldn't think about it anymore, but referring to him as her will not affect your marks at all so forget about that. Also, I think question 2 was a bit tricky and I'm sure you will not be the only person who did that, it could affect your marks a little, but nothing too drastic! Finally question 6 was an argue question which is where you should present both sides of an argument, but side with one more favourably so it sounds like you did the right thing. I'm sure you did fine and your hard work paid off!
If I got 55 in my coursework how much more in the exam do I need to pass and if I got a D in the exam will I still pass
For q2 anyone talk about the fact black stood out on the cliff and was dominate throughout- which foreshadows danger
And also the council and grilled it softens the article a little like a juxtapositioning
[QUOTE="Qertydhbwj;65550813"]
Original post by Appazap
wait I didn't talk about the sub headline
You dont have to

i think it said to do so in the question :/
Original post by Qertydhbwj
For q2 anyone talk about the fact black stood out on the cliff and was dominate throughout- which foreshadows danger
And also the council and grilled it softens the article a little like a juxtapositioning

Yeah I did. Since it was more bright on top of the hill and darker at the bottom, I said while going down the slide and getting closer to the bottom, there's great danger ahead and fear takes over (something like that, can't remember)
Oh phew, thanks.
Original post by Itsziyaad99x
I got 73/80 in control assessment and u need 72 for a*. If I got 56 in the exam ( 1 off a*)would I still get a* overall?

Likely to be a high A because that equates to 78% and usually A* is around 80-84% (crazy right)
Original post by wolfslayer1
Likely to be a high A because that equates to 78% and usually A* is around 80-84% (crazy right)

If I got 55 in my coursework how much more will I need to pass and if I got a D in the exam will I still pass
Original post by Str355ed
Thats what happened with me! My ending to it was ridiculous im so depressed urgh

really!! ahh that's seriously made me feel so much better haha and same i honestly think I'll be lucky to get a B let alone the A* which is my target grade :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending