The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA A Unit 2 Human Geography 8th June 2016 OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dmfdmf123
I haven't! my teacher hasn't told us much about it either. I have just looked up the meaning and why it is a good idea. don't worry im sure there wont be a case study on it :smile:

Ahh thanks for that, sorry to be a pain but could you tell me the meaning of it and why it's good?:tongue:

thanks in advance :wink:
Original post by worksmartnothard
Ahh thanks for that, sorry to be a pain but could you tell me the meaning of it and why it's good?:tongue:

thanks in advance :wink:

'Transmigration was a scheme created by the Indonesian government to ease overpopulation in the capital of Java by moving people from the “core” area to the less populated areas of Indonesia (known as the “periphery”).' so spreading out the population to make sure there is enough land and resources. people can earn more because they own more land etc
Original post by Dmfdmf123
'Transmigration was a scheme created by the Indonesian government to ease overpopulation in the capital of Java by moving people from the “core” area to the less populated areas of Indonesia (known as the “periphery”).' so spreading out the population to make sure there is enough land and resources. people can earn more because they own more land etc

Great, thank you so much!!
Does anyone else think that Development Gap is such a hard topic? Compared to the others it confuses me so much!
If forced migration were to come up, can someone tell me any facts and figures for Afghanistan to UK?

I know the facts and figures for;
Voluntary Migration (Poland to UK)
Non-Birth Control Policy (Kerala)
Sustainable Development Projects (Cahorra Bassa Dam & Fresh Water In Punjab)
Mass Tourism (Kenya)

I doubt Extreme Tourism will come up, so yeah...
For me, that exam was horrible. What was the strategies for a rapid population growth about? I got confused and put about the rapid influx of polish migrants to the UK and commented on how the UK adapted. Is that right?
Original post by B3ASTy
For me, that exam was horrible. What was the strategies for a rapid population growth about? I got confused and put about the rapid influx of polish migrants to the UK and commented on how the UK adapted. Is that right?

That question wanted you to either talk about China's one child policy or Indonesia's transmigration policy. Don't worry though, you may get a handful of marks depending on what you said
Original post by JoshuaE
That question wanted you to either talk about China's one child policy or Indonesia's transmigration policy. Don't worry though, you may get a handful of marks depending on what you said

OMG of course :frown:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I literally had them two in my HEADDD. But i thought because it didnt say birth control or, transmigration: that it must be something else. I feel guttered now honestly.
Reply 28
Original post by JoshuaE

does it matter if you start one topic that you didnt study and then cross it out ?? or will it get marked??
Original post by exams111
does it matter if you start one topic that you didnt study and then cross it out ?? or will it get marked??

Examiners are told to ignore crossed out work, it won't get marked
Original post by JoshuaE

I said more housing was made to cope, polish food was brought into the supermarkets, skilled labour jobs were open for them to fill. etc etc
Original post by JoshuaE

Also, it said strategies, not policies. So i thought it can't be them two... :frown:
Reply 32
Original post by JoshuaE
Examiners are told to ignore crossed out work, it won't get marked

thats good then! i put at the top dont mark this and mark the topic i done so do you think that will be ok?
Original post by JoshuaE

Also what threw me off for not writing about china is that it said 'population'.
Original post by B3ASTy
Also, it said strategies, not policies. So i thought it can't be them two... :frown:

Honestly don't stress. It was only 8 marks out of a possible 88 AND if you did well in your coursework and unit one exam you'll be fine!
Original post by JoshuaE
Honestly don't stress. It was only 8 marks out of a possible 88 AND if you did well in your coursework and unit one exam you'll be fine!

Just looked in a guide. and it said migration is a cause of population change, and the migration to the UK from Poland was rapid in the population, so i hope, somehow they'll accept it, as the question didn't seem very specific.
Reply 36
What did people put in development, for the international efforts to reduce global inequalities ?
Reply 37
What did anyone put in urban environemnts - talking about those houses in Salford and how they contribute to meeting the demand for housing? 4 marks..
Reply 38
Original post by B3ASTy

I think it was about how to control rapid population growth...I used the china case study and one child policy but don't know if you've learnt this
Original post by harry42
What did anyone put in urban environemnts - talking about those houses in Salford and how they contribute to meeting the demand for housing? 4 marks..

Omg I found that question so hard and just rambled really... I said in the second before and after pictures it is evident that the residents have been provided with gardens to improve their quality of life - this has been provided on the roofs so it doesn't take up extra space hence more people can have facilities like this... (bullsh.. I know :P)

Then I talked about how in the third image we can see how people are using their attics for extra space and so this means that they can have space for their personal belongings without having to pay extra for a bigger house that takes up more land...

I had nooo idea what I was on about haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending