The Student Room Group

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eddso
Hi

No that won't be the exact question that'll come up - that is just the broad topic question that the specification requires you study

They will tend to give you a factor or a quote around that idea of efficiency or around the idea of popularity, for example;

"The Nazi regime depended more on terror than its broad popularity. How far do you agree?"

As for own knowledge, the own knowledge itself only constitutes 16 marks, whereas your use of sources get you the 24 marks. BUT you can only really use the sources well if you have the own knowledge so you can challenge the interpretations so I think a fair amount of knowledge is needed but only use it purposefully to challenge or support a source

Like that example question you've given about popularity, could you do one for efficiency too please
Thanks x
Does anyone have any exam technique advice?
I know it's debatable, but would you agree that it is realistic to suggest that these are the topics most likely to come up for part A (1 being very likely, 2 being less etc)
1. Wartime opposition
2. Final solution
3. WW2 morale
4. Weimar golden years
5. Nazi consolidation of power
6. Threats to Weimar in early years 1919-23
7. WW2 economy
8. Kaiser (autocracy/ democracy..)
9. Impact of WW1
10. Nazi rise to power
11. Economic development 1900-1919

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just want to say good luck everyone! :smile:

Don't do what I did and put yourself in the position where you need to retake... It's not fun learning a years worth of content again!!

Here's hoping part a will be kind X
Original post by mggy996
Just want to say good luck everyone! :smile:

Don't do what I did and put yourself in the position where you need to retake... It's not fun learning a years worth of content again!!

Here's hoping part a will be kind X

I've had to retake this unit just to get two more ums points :frown:
Reply 325
Is it possible for the two part A questions to both be on WW2? For example, one on the war economy and one on morale? I really do not want to answer a WW2 question :frown:
Reply 326
Does anyone know if, I got a C overall at AS and an A this year in the coursework, how many points are roughly needed to get at least a C in the exam? :/
Hi,
Does anyone have an exemplar answer for an essay on morale in ww2? Would be really grateful
Thanks x
Original post by mlsg
Is it possible for the two part A questions to both be on WW2? For example, one on the war economy and one on morale? I really do not want to answer a WW2 question :frown:

From what I've been told, no they won't ask you a question on the same topic rather it will be two questions from two different topics as it has been every year
Original post by laxu79
Does anyone know if, I got a C overall at AS and an A this year in the coursework, how many points are roughly needed to get at least a C in the exam? :/

You need 240 UMS points overall to get a C in History
Does anyone have a sample essay for the Final Solution and the war economy?
Original post by laxu79

The whole of A level History is out of 400 UMS so if you got a C at AS that would be at least 120/200 UMS there, that leaves 120 UMS needed at A2 to get a C overall. An A in the coursework is 64 UMS so that leaves you needing 56 UMS for this exam which equates to a high E (35/70) to get a C overall.

If that's what you're asking, or if you mean how many marks to get a C just in this exam it would be about 43/70 going off of last years boundaries.
Last minute panics... I vaguely know most of it but need to prioritise anyone got any suggestions??? Also haven't done any ww2 stuff as hoping to avoid this question do you think it's possible to do just Ww2 opposition and economy
Thanks
Original post by Mowerharvey
I've had to retake this unit just to get two more ums points :frown:

I'm in the same boat... was 1 whole mark short of the grade I needed for my first uni choice - such an ass :frown:

How are you getting on? I feel as though I know a bit more than last year...
is there anything I'm missing for exam structure here?

Section A:

Introduction (5-7 minutes)

5 main body paragraphs, for example (agree/agree/agree/disagree/disagree) balance depends on the question (is there a need to have a paragraph with a 'middle' argument for section A?)

Conclusion (5 minutes)

Section B:

Introduction

Paragraph 1: argument for the opinion in the question

Paragraph 2: argument against the opinion in the question

Paragraph 3: argument that covers a middle way, combination of for and against the opinion in the question

Conclusion
Original post by Hodor_10
Last minute panics... I vaguely know most of it but need to prioritise anyone got any suggestions??? Also haven't done any ww2 stuff as hoping to avoid this question do you think it's possible to do just Ww2 opposition and economy
Thanks

Probably.

Personally, I've revised the whole of WW2 as I think it has a good chance of coming up on Friday
Original post by Hodor_10
Thanks

I would prioritise the final solution as its very likely to come up
Original post by Annie.humair
Yes that does. Thank you x
Do you know how I would go about the final solution?

I have an essay plan on what I'd include etc. but not in terms of actual order. Hope it helps
Original post by mggy996
I'm in the same boat... was 1 whole mark short of the grade I needed for my first uni choice - such an ass :frown:

How are you getting on? I feel as though I know a bit more than last year...

Honestly I'm struggling, but I'm struggling less than last year so hopefully I'll be able to get that B overall :smile:.

Was history the only subject where you didn't get the grade you needed? If so it's harsh you didn't get in
Reply 339
Original post by AJC1997
The whole of A level History is out of 400 UMS so if you got a C at AS that would be at least 120/200 UMS there, that leaves 120 UMS needed at A2 to get a C overall. An A in the coursework is 64 UMS so that leaves you needing 56 UMS for this exam which equates to a high E (35/70) to get a C overall.

If that's what you're asking, or if you mean how many marks to get a C just in this exam it would be about 43/70 going off of last years boundaries.

Ah thanks, really panicking. I got a D in one exam last year and a C in the source paper, equaling a C overall. I'm guessing the A in my coursework this year helped a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending