The Student Room Group

OCR as biology depth paper, SHALL WE COMPLAINT?!?!

Hi everyone,
First of all, how did you find the paper?
I'm soo disappointed with that paper, they could've asked about the immune system, plants, etc... Like out of the whole book they choose a frogs heart?? I've never seen that, we haven't done it and that's on the a2 students book, like come on! And what was the experiment question ? They could've asked any food test.
I'm thinking of complaining but would they really do anything?
Unfortunately you won't get anywhere, chi squared is on the specification. You need to go by what's in the specification by looking in the specification and not relying on the textbook.
Original post by dylan1016
Unfortunately you won't get anywhere, chi squared is on the specification. You need to go by what's in the specification by looking in the specification and not relying on the textbook.

True, but I'm not talking about the chi squared question, I'm talking about everything else, the aphids heart is not in our specification, is it?
Original post by Yasmine Grizel
True, but I'm not talking about the chi squared question, I'm talking about everything else, the aphids heart is not in our specification, is it?

It isn't, but the answers were in the diagram.
I thought it was awful... I thought depth meant they were going to ask more on the processes like the cardiac cycle, transpiration, phagocytosis, DNA, and in depth about them... but no!
Original post by colourcreative
I thought it was awful... I thought depth meant they were going to ask more on the processes like the cardiac cycle, transpiration, phagocytosis, DNA, and in depth about them... but no!

exactly, that is what i thought of as well, so i learnt EVERYTHING for nothing, i literally regret studying, if i didnt study i wouldve performed as bad because all i studied was not asked in the exam.
Original post by DustToDust
It isn't, but the answers were in the diagram.

it was still hard, because we dont know much info about it , i understand if it was a 3 mark question but not the 6 mark question, i think that was unfair
exactly, that is what i thought of as well, so i learnt EVERYTHING for nothing, i literally regret studying, if i didnt study i wouldve performed as bad because all i studied was not asked in the exam.

same, the only bit I knew well has about the enzyme 6 mark question.

Yh but they are testing how well you can apply your knowledge about circulatory systems and the heart to unknown situations, that is just how it is nowadays.
Reply 9
Hi everyone,
First of all, how did you find the paper?
I'm soo disappointed with that paper, they could've asked about the immune system, plants, etc... Like out of the whole book they choose a frogs heart?? I've never seen that, we haven't done it and that's on the a2 students book, like come on! And what was the experiment question ? They could've asked any food test.
I'm thinking of complaining but would they really do anything?

I'm up for complaining, absolutely. Hardly any content was examined at all, most of it was data handling - no immunity, no plants, no biodiversity...depth of knowledge was not assessed at all, it was just an all around bad paper! Yes it tested analytical skills - to a point - but that should only be one aspect of a well-rounded education in biology!

Perhaps we should put forward a petition for lower grade boundaries for this paper? Even if we don't get anywhere, at least we could make our feelings known.
Hi I really need to know what type of questions were in this paper, like the questions, or even topics, please and thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending