The Student Room Group

[Official Thread] OCR MEI AS Mathematics 2016 (C1, C2 & S1)

Scroll to see replies

Thanks

Original post by Mr Moon Man
There's one a few pages back
Original post by Akhawais
Honestly can't remember. If it was <= 360 then there would be 5 values, but I'm pretty sure it was < 360

it was <= 360, I triple checked because I thought you could only get 4 solutions but I got 5
Hi did anyone think that paper was much harder than normal past papers :frown: i left 15 marks BLANK ran out of time . it went horrible for me
Original post by rehmanator
Hi did anyone think that paper was much harder than normal past papers :frown: i left 15 marks BLANK ran out of time . it went horrible for me

yes it was a hard paper, the GB will be low i think. can anyone guess what theyll be for an A?
Reply 725
Original post by Akhawais
Honestly can't remember. If it was <= 360 then there would be 5 values, but I'm pretty sure it was < 360

it was <= 360 so 360 is a value.
Original post by Grindle97
I got exactly the same as that

I got 0.66 and 0.193... How accurate do you think they'll mark it?
Original post by tom476zf
swear its only 2 values? because if i did it right i got 4sinx - 1 = 0

so isn't it just sin^-1 25

or is there another step i missed? x

Sinx(4sinx-1)=0
Sinx= 0 so that is 0,180,360
4sinx=1
X= 14.something
180-14.something = 165.something
I forgot to put 180 as a value (Stupid me -_-) But got the other 4 right, would I only lose a mark? And I also did the working out for the f(5+h) question right but in the end I used the operations wrong, how many marks would I lose?

Overall I found it easy, I just made some silly mistakes. Probably lost like 6-8 marks altogether.
Also if anyone was wondering, I got 0.6 as my log a and 0.21 as my gradient. In the end I got y = 3.891 x 10^0.21t
I got the angle of the triangle as 58 point something degrees...
I was looking at that question just before the end of the exam and i was like 'i feel like its missing something' 😂😭 oh well, only lost 1 mark

Original post by NickC98
Oh my god i forgot the +c again... :angry::angry:
On the last question with the graph how did you do a line of best fit... I ended up with a curve:/
Original post by Chloebbbb
On the last question with the graph how did you do a line of best fit... I ended up with a curve:/

A preferable line of best fit is where you would have an equal amount of points that weren't lined through on each side. I had 3 points on each side that were unlined which made it appropriate for me to use as my line of best fit.
Original post by Studious_Student
A preferable line of best fit is where you would have an equal amount of points that weren't lined through on each side. I had 3 points on each side that were unlined which made it appropriate for me to use as my line of best fit.

Urrgh how many marks do you think I would have lost? I got all the points right and plotted it correctly just stupidly did a curve
For the first question, is it 3x^-½ or -3x^-½??
And the last one is 260 instead of 261 right?
Original post by lilrabbits

3x^-1/2

6rootx
6x^1/2
3x^-1/2

:smile:
Original post by lilrabbits

It was the positive one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending