The Student Room Group

why the **** are so many students here soo rascist

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lascelles101
yes but freedom of expression should not infringe on other rights

Freedom of expression is what modern society is built upon, there is a reason in America it is the first amendment.
Original post by Nayzar
Hahaha why wt thank you. Its fine to pick parts and say why you don't agree with them - just don't do it aggressively!
My issue isn't with people who pick parts out of the quran and question Muslims on it, because that means they've done research and want justification for what they find. My issue is with those who either do that aggressively or with little knowledge of the religion. My issue is with those who "don't care if their feelings are hurt"

Honestly though, some people feel hurt by something as simple as picking at parts of the Quran or questionable things Muhammad did. If we all stopped debating because people's feeling might get hurt then we'd never debate anything.

Generalising all Muslims is wrong but if an individual gets upset because I (or anyone else) point out flaws in Islam then that's their problem. It's not like Allah or Muhammad (if they were real) will cry about my comments on the internet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joecphillips
Freedom of expression is what modern society is built upon, there is a reason in America it is the first amendment.

Americas also got freedom to have a gun. is that what modern society is also built upon. anyway look at America. it is prejudice and racist in many states. freedom of expression has also allowed trump to say all Mexicans should go to their own country. is that actually fair, or respectable, or how modern society should be?
Reply 103
i definitly know the diffrence between critisim and rascism!
there is a right to critize but is there a right to be openly horriable and quite frankly rascist to them?? if you look @ my previous posts, they are both quotes in which i have seen on here recently.
furthermore even if family has brought them up in a certain way, it is not the only thing that defines them! The saying, Show Me Your Friends and I’ll Tell You Who You Are is a saying that has been around for a longg time is is true, it is not only family who shapes you it is also society/friends

It's "racism", not "rascism". :rolleyes:

You got your reps anyway, that's what you were looking for, but yesterday another user made a better thread than you and got more reps.
Americas also got freedom to have a gun. is that what modern society is also built upon. anyway look at America. it is prejudice and racist in many states. freedom of expression has also allowed trump to say all Mexicans should go to their own country. is that actually fair, or respectable, or how modern society should be?

There's a difference between saying stupid **** and whether someone should be allowed to say it. Trump may not be to your liking but he shouldn't be silenced. He has every right to say his crap no matter how much you or I disagree with him.

In the same light, Muslims have every right to feel upset at criticism towards Islam but that doesn't mean it will stop nor should anyone silence those criticising Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok then if trump has said that show me where.

Yes a modern society should allow people to say what they believe it tends to create a more peaceful society, the only speech that should be stopped is incitement to violence.
Original post by macsalaama
There's a difference between saying stupid **** and whether someone should be allowed to say it. Trump may not be to your liking but he shouldn't be silenced. He has every right to say his crap no matter how much you or I disagree with him.

In the same light, Muslims have every right to feel upset at criticism towards Islam but that doesn't mean it will stop nor should anyone silence those criticising Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think there is a difference between criticizing and being prejudice
Original post by Josb
It's "racism", not "rascism". :rolleyes:

You got your reps anyway, that's what you were looking for, but yesterday another user made a better thread than you and got more reps.

idc about reps or follows, as long as I raise the issue and raise awareness to some people then im happy
I think there is a difference between criticizing and being prejudice

Most of the "prejudice" on here has been nothing but valid criticism.

But hey, to each their own :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

There can be no valid criticism when it comes to things like Islam anything against it is prejudice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im referring to other threads where there has been blatant prejudice/ 'islamaphobia'- although I do not like the use of that term
this thread reeks of the racism of low expectations
I do not agree with this, you can criticize a religion, as seen by
Original post by DanB1991
Islams main problem is the fact in never went through a reformation period. It's funny seeing Islam used to be a pretty tolerant religion, however since the 12th century free thought in Islam and none Islamic philosophy has been stifled. You now have a religion that for the last 700 years or so become ever increasingly more rigid, defensive and xenophobic itself. It's unable to react and evolve with the modern world along the lines of many of the worlds other major religions and we now have the point where Muslim Moderates (as in the western definition of moderates) are increasingly segregated from their own communities.

Western Society in theory is all about embracing free thought and equality within gender, religion or ethnicity and Islam in it's current state is pretty incompatible with that. If you went back around 800 years it would ironically be much more compatible than Islam is in it's current state.

Then you get the fact most Muslims, even those who view themselves as moderates, will never admit that because Islam never has or never will change in their eyes. Hell you even have Muslim scholars lynched by their own students when they radiocarbon and scan old Islamic texts and release their findings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jwstarfish
First off, no, according to this data: http://www.brin.ac.uk/2014/roman-catholics-attitudes-towards-homosexuality/ only 10% of Catholics disagree with homosexuality, and of that 10% only 2% feel strongly about the issue. Far from the majority of British Muslims that believe homosexuality should be illegal. Do you really think it's okay that 63% of British Muslims believe that? Really?

I absolutely have the right to judge people on what they think. "No one has to right to judge me" - are you serious? Islam has no right to have some kind of protected status from criticism. If people have the right to believe what they want then I have every right to believe that Islam is a toxic religion.

I just want to reinstate that I don't think Muslims are bad people, I think Islam as a religion is not in line with British values. Islam has a serious problem with homosexuality and women's rights and people like you seem to just ignore the issues and say "but you can't judge them for what they believe". Well no, I am perfectly able to judge them for their beliefs.

Of course Islam has no right to have a protected status from criticism, it's an ideology like any other. What I am saying is that the state does not have the right to judge or treat individuals based on their beliefs. You may hate Islam and it's ideology, and you may dislike Muslims for holding such opinions, but still people are free to believe what they want and they should be punished for that.
Original post by generallee
No.

Islam is not a race. You can't convert to a race or be an apostate from it. It is a BELIEF SYSTEM.

If you ever wanted proof that the concept of "racism" has become meaningless through misuse, this thread provides it.

When everything is racist, nothing is.

Still bigotry though, please stop using ' its not a race so i can be a bigoted c*nt anyway' card . Its almost as a annoying as ' religion of peace'
Original post by RealistZ
Still bigotry though, please stop using ' its not a race so i can be a bigoted c*nt anyway' card . Its almost as a annoying as ' religion of peace'

What have I said that is bigoted?

Do you even know what the word means? (Scuttles off to look it up on the web. :smile: )

Because you are not using it correctly, that is for sure.
no I am not Muslim, in fact I am a Rasta.

THE WORD RASCIST IS SIGHTLY WRONG!!! I WOULD CHANGE IT TO PREJUDICE

Muslims are not terrorists, or backwards thinking, they are just human beings like you and me and the person closest to you right now. So if they want to worship Allah in a mosque, and celebrate Ramadan and wear hijabs , then whats the problem. their religion is not hurting you! MUSLIMS DO NOT HURT PEOPLE, technically u racists break 3 human right --> article 1, 2 and 18 : Article 1 -- Right To Equality, Article 2 -- Freedom From Discrimination, Article 18 -- Freedom Of Belief . when do Muslims post Christian and Jewish hate posts.

people have the right to free speech and this is respected but you should use this freedom to infringe on other rights. there's no need to spread hatred or be disrespectful . its so bad ive seen people actimg like they are in the EDL.we are a multicultural country and if its so hard to be nice then please come off this website.
HAVE SOME DECENCY GUYS, LOVE AND CHERISH YOURS AND OTHERS LIVES, LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HATE AND BE HORRIABLE.
thank you

Love towards all, malice towards none - Rumi
Original post by the bear
Rastafarians have never gone round blowing people up or doing massacre stuff. Irie.

One Love

:h:

Haha, what the bloodclart are you saying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheReality
Love towards all, malice towards none - Rumi

true that
Original post by Nidhoggr
Haha, what the bloodclart are you saying

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only talk the truth, what r u so confused about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending