The Student Room Group

AQA MM03 8th June 2016 Exam Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samthomas18
hahahahah idiots! if you think that was hard god knows what you were doing for 'revision'. You just had to read the questions properly - maybe the problem here is that you cant read.

Sam T

It was quite difficult to read some of the questions, my tears made the ink run so I couldn't see the correct values, I just had to guess and hope for the best.
Reply 21
Original post by C0balt
Same
I thought I was good at mechanics, and I was counting on M2 and M3 to secure A* in FM but apparently not.
I'm not sure if it is possible for boundaries to be so low that 40/75 could be an A. Lol. I can only laugh at this point.

No way FP3 was a harmless angel compared to this

Actually i got 69/75 in my mock, but I am worrying that i can only get 50/75 in this one
Reply 22
Original post by C0balt
I lost hope by the time the first projectile question kicked in. By the time I reached question 6 I was thinking "well I'm going to miss my offer. Am I going to my insurance? Do i want to study science anymore? What am I doing here, I could be sleeping"

That question is actually no that bad, just took time to do it. The worst one is question 6 part b, i was so horrible, and i only got 5min left after q6...
Even though I didn't do this module, it gets increasingly more aggravating to do AQA, wish I'd done edexcel lol.
Could someone just post a unofficial mark scheme please
Could someone just post a unofficial mark scheme please

Nobody can because nobody got any answers XD
Reply 26
Original post by ThusSpakeAlex
I'm afraid for FP2 now, considering FP3 was way harder than usual and m3 somehow worse...

Btw I didn't do this module because of relative motion geometry, was it a geometrical or algebraic one today?

Yeah I have to get mid A at least for FP2 but losing all motivation and confidence lol
It was a geometrical one with 3 bloody vehicles. What even is this.
Original post by Franken
Actually i got 69/75 in my mock, but I am worrying that i can only get 50/75 in this one

I got like 71 in my mock 2015 paper but this one I didn't do two 7 markers and two 8 markers and probably ****ed up other questions too

Original post by Franken
That question is actually no that bad, just took time to do it. The worst one is question 6 part b, i was so horrible, and i only got 5min left after q6...

I realised how to do the PQ projectile one after the exam but it was obviously too late
And God I thought I was on the right line for 6b but I got something like 7-e/9+3e or something.
Reply 27
hahahahah idiots! if you think that was hard god knows what you were doing for 'revision'. You just had to read the questions properly - maybe the problem here is that you cant read.

Sam T

S
* Gets results... 12ums *
Could be lowest boundaries of any paper ever, let's hope so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Yeah I have to get mid A at least for FP2 but losing all motivation and confidence lol
It was a geometrical one with 3 bloody vehicles. What even is this.

I got like 71 in my mock 2015 paper but this one I didn't do two 7 markers and two 8 markers and probably ****ed up other questions too

I realised how to do the PQ projectile one after the exam but it was obviously too late
And God I thought I was on the right line for 6b but I got something like 7-e/9+3e or something.

3 way geometrical relative motion? Holy ****.
3 way geometrical relative motion? Holy ****.

I started making simultaneous equations and stuff, really didn't go well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
this is not boding well for M2 at all...
Original post by tanyapotter
this is not boding well for M2 at all...

Expecting stupidly hard statics and strings questions.
Expecting stupidly hard statics and strings questions.

i feel like strings and circular motion could be okayish and the rest is easy as hell, but those damnable statics.. the june 2015 paper wasn't fun
Original post by tanyapotter
i feel like strings and circular motion could be okayish and the rest is easy as hell, but those damnable statics.. the june 2015 paper wasn't fun

Statics are poorly taught, try TeeEM's worksheets, they are really good for statics!
Everyone I spoke to didn't finish, so I wouldn't worry too much!
Statics are poorly taught, try TeeEM's worksheets, they are really good for statics!

Thanks! I've also found the CGP revision guide quite helpful, but only recently have M2 past papers become remotely challenging so it's hard to prepare myself. Feel kind of in the dark tbh
Well that sucked. The really unfair thing is that M3 has no official resources to use, so the best way we can have of revising is to go through past papers. And that was so different from all the past papers ever. We can only hope and pray the grade boundaries are extremely low...
Q1:
a) Gun of mass 1.5kg fired horizontally, bullet of 30g fired at 400m/s horizontally, what's the recoil on the gun? - Answer: 8m/s?
b) What magnitude of impulse does the person need to bring the gun to rest? - Answer - 12 Ns?
Original post by amarkham09
Q1:
a) Gun of mass 1.5kg fired horizontally, bullet of 30g fired at 400m/s horizontally, what's the recoil on the gun? - Answer: 8m/s?
b) What magnitude of impulse does the person need to bring the gun to rest? - Answer - 12 Ns?

One of the few normal questions! The projectiles one, question 4 maybe - 3/7 < e < 6/7 ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending