The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology 7401/1 and 7401/2 Exam - 26th May and 7th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone made an unofficial mark scheme for the paper we did today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enderbat1999
:colone: i know this is a bio thread but does anyone have chem on friday and is just s:angry:hit scared:frown:

i was getting A's for chem but i think i barley even got a C in chem in paper 1 im just so scared anyone know any good videos or worksheets they can share

I know how you feel, the first Chemistry paper was really difficult. Hope the one on Friday is easy, which it probably will be as it's mostly organic chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by basit282828
I know how you feel, the first Chemistry paper was really difficult. Hope the one on Friday is easy, which it probably will be as it's mostly organic chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yh but i just cant shake the feeling that is did bad on all my tests even though i didnt so far i predeict and ABC excluding chemistry
Did anyone realise that on the diagram on the second page about the animo acids it was meant to be ADP+Pi but it was put as ATP+Pi??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sajjjid
How did you get that? I swear you measure both the sizes and then divide the bigger by the smaller. I got 1.7x. Plus by looking at it it didnt look 3x bigger

I originally got 1.7 by working out how much bigger the diameter was, but then I did area instead which gives 2.86/2.9!
Original post by Rach2802
I originally got 1.7 by working out how much bigger the diameter was, but then I did area instead which gives 2.86/2.9!

Do you know for the question about the worm and how it get oxygen. The answer was diffusion, but did you have to put simple diffusion. I just put diffusion as previous markschemes allow 'diffusion'
Original post by Abirella
What did you put for the features of xerophytes question? Think it was 2 marks. I basically put Thick Cuticle- prevent water loss and Hairy leaves- maintain humidity and prevent water loss. Was not sure if I was going in the right direction.

wow, I said EXACTLY the same two and in that order!!!

I put hairy leaves, but my reason was to trap moisture (water) to reduce the water potential gradient between the mesophyll (leaf) and atmosphere.
Original post by Hello_246975
I put hairy leaves, but my reason was to trap moisture (water) to reduce the water potential gradient between the mesophyll (leaf) and atmosphere.

same here!
Do you know for the question about the worm and how it get oxygen. The answer was diffusion, but did you have to put simple diffusion. I just put diffusion as previous markschemes allow 'diffusion'

I put diffusion then I put simple in brackets afterwards so I don't know if I'll get the mark - hopefully they will allow just 'diffusion'!!!
I put diffusion then I put simple in brackets afterwards so I don't know if I'll get the mark - hopefully they will allow just 'diffusion'!!!

In a past paper there was a near exact same question about a different type of worm and they didn't even have simple in the markscheme it just said 'diffusion'
Btw you will most definitely get the mark
same here!

For one of the question it said something about randomly selecting (can't remember) did you just say 'avoid being bias'

Yeah we definitely got those 2 marks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did people get for the question saying why it's harder to walk up the stairs with a low oxygen outtake or whatever i literally just said because it requires for breaths and is tiring lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
For one of the question it said something about randomly selecting (can't remember) did you just say 'avoid being bias'

yes - I said something very similar!!
Original post by louisjb16
What did people get for the question saying why it's harder to walk up the stairs with a low oxygen outtake or whatever i literally just said because it requires for breaths and is tiring lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is because a person with emphysema would have the elastic connective tissue digested and eroded. Therefore, the alveoli lose their recoil and less remaining air in the lungs can be pushed out, reducing the concentration gradient for O2 rich air to enter the lungs. If the lungs get less O2, less O2 diffuses into the blood and binds to haemoglobin and the tissues receive less O2 which means less ATP can be produced since respiration rate decreases and thus movement becomes harder as insufficient ATP is provided.
Anyone got an official mark scheme for paper 1 or 2?

Or could just tell all the topics that came up question by question? Cheers guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait why would it be mostly organic chem? I swear in the new syllabus they said they will put any topic in the exams with practical questions
Original post by Sajjjid
Wait why would it be mostly organic chem? I swear in the new syllabus they said they will put any topic in the exams with practical questions

That's not what I've been taught by my teachers. Plus, the specification clearly states what topics are coming up in which exam, and the topics that came up in paper 1 are less likely to come up in paper 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's not what I've been taught by my teachers. Plus, the specification clearly states what topics are coming up in which exam, and the topics that came up in paper 1 are less likely to come up in paper 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh wait are you aqa? If you are then thats damn easier than using who are doing ocr. For us any topic can come up.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending