The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Vote here on how you found the paper.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4150121
Original post by khaleesi98
You say that as if I shouldn't have completely forgotten everything I learned for fp1 😂

It's in the formula booklet

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Guys Morgan Sachs is hiring.

Just accepted my application. I will be using suvat equations to calculate at what acceleration the cash register opens.
(edited 7 years ago)
Pretty confident the only question i got wrong was 4ii, i just couldn't integrate it, do you think 2/7 marks for that question is reasonable? i also did by parts once so i might get a mark for that?
Hoping for 90UMS...
Original post by Econ/Chem/FMaths
So the questions
1. Inequalities (6M)
2. Method of differences (7M)
3. Complex Roots (5M) Argand Diagram (2M)
4. First order Diff (4M) + (1M) + (7M)
5. Tan(x) (5M) + (5M)
6. Second Order Diff (4M) +(7M) + (2M)
7. Can't remember
8.Polar Coordinates (4M)+ (7M)
What i can vaguely remember ^ can someone improve

Man I found that paper terrible!
I'm so jealous of people in your position who found it easy.
Anyways, well done. Could you upload the answers please so I can see if it;s even possible for me to salvage my grade with fp3?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by KD1997
Man I found that paper terrible!
I'm so jealous of people in your position who found it easy.
Anyways, well done. Could you upload the answers please so I can see if it;s even possible for me to salvage my grade with fp3?

Thanks in advance.

You sure you quoted the right person lol. I didn't find it that easy tbh >.<. Only figured that one out literally in the last 4 minutes. I would wait for someone more qualified than me to write out a solution. I will try and write out some of my answers if I remember them.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
It's in the formula booklet

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

64 A*
Original post by Econ/Chem/FMaths
So the questions
1. Inequalities (6M)
2. Method of differences (7M)
3. Complex Roots (5M) Argand Diagram (2M)
4. First order Diff (4M) + (1M) + (7M)
5. Tan(x) (5M) + (5M)
6. Second Order Diff (4M) +(7M) + (2M)
7. Can't remember
8.Polar Coordinates (4M)+ (7M)
What i can vaguely remember ^ can someone improve

The first part of the Q8 was 3 marks iirc :smile:
How many marks do you think I need to get 70 UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophie Wilczek
How many marks do you think I need to get 70UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

55-59
Original post by Shardé
So no one else thought that paper was a complete f***ery?! Smh

I did since, I made quite a lot of silly mistake. I wamted to do the FP2 paper first, but the invigilators gave me M1 first, so loat concentration afterwards:frown:
Original post by Pyslocke
You sure you quoted the right person lol. I didn't find it that easy tbh >.<. Only figured that one out literally in the last 4 minutes. I would wait for someone more qualified than me to write out a solution. I will try and write out some of my answers if I remember them.

yeah i made a mistake and posted on the wrong one (rookie mistake i suppose, I'm new to TSR, joined ten minutes ago) . I did go back and delete the reply on yours but you must have seen it first. Sorry for wasting your time, but if you do have any answer to share anyway, I would still like to hear :smile:
Original post by Shardé
So no one else thought that paper was a complete f***ery?! Smh

I did since, I made quite a lot of silly mistake. I wamted to do the FP2 paper first, but the invigilators gave me M1 first, so loat concentration afterwards :frown:

Just hoping I got a B at least.
From what I've seen on Twitter and on the poll I made. I reckon it'll be 66 for A*. Maybe 67.
Original post by DesignPredator
64 A*

no chance
Original post by Armpits
55-59

Fml that's upper boundary is almost 80% 😔. I did so ****. Thanks anyways ✌🏻️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by angelitajin
Can you please explain me how to do both questions?
For 7 I got complete different answer involving lnx
and for 8 i got 15.6

Q7, Q8b attached.
Original post by Ayman!
I definitely agree with you there; there's definitely no need for patronisation, which would just further add to the pain of an already bad exam. I hope things went alright for you though!

made mistakes so probably around 60-67 ish, but still I have been focusing much more on chem recently so im happy
Original post by angrybirdzzz
Q7, Q8b attached.

That's exactly what I did for 8b. Hmm, might've made a calculation error which might just make me drop 2 marks. Not as bad as I initially thought.. A* dream is still there
Original post by angrybirdzzz
Q7, Q8b attached.

i got almost the same as you for q 7, I made a sign error at the end which is why i got plus one twelth instead of minus ;( but you got it right :smile: so well done to you.
For q 8 i was so baffled. I did something akin to yours but i have different limits. i got 15. something aswell but it wasn't point 6. to be honest i don't know any other way to go about the question, so i think we used valid methods.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending