The Student Room Group

Inducing and early period

**Typo in the title - not sure why it says "and"**

My boyfriend has booked a last minute short holiday for us both - we go on the 26th June (literally found out yesterday)

I started my pill free week Monday 30th May which ended Sunday 5th. So my next pill free week will commence the 26th

I have tried to book a doctor's appt to confirm but the soonest they can fit me in is the 20th!

I obviously and ideally do not want to be bleeding whilst on the holiday. I know the common practice would be to keep taking my pills and skip the next break BUT this never works for me and I have a lot of break through bleeding and it messes up my body and takes a while to re-adjust. Does anyone know if it would work for me to bring on my pill free week early - so take my pills for the next few days, stop this Sunday (12th), restart on the (19th) and then holiday (26th)

Would this

A) make my "period" come early eg just after the 12th - as I have not long had a break.
B) would I still be protected and bleed free for the 26th

This is driving me insane so any help would be much appreciated!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by <3Music
**Typo in the title - not sure why it says "and"**

My boyfriend has booked a last minute short holiday for us both - we go on the 26th June (literally found out yesterday)

I started my pill free week Monday 30th May which ended Sunday 5th. So my next pill free week will commence the 26th

I have tried to book a doctor's appt to confirm but the soonest they can fit me in is the 20th!

I obviously and ideally do not want to be bleeding whilst on the holiday. I know the common practice would be to keep taking my pills and skip the next break BUT this never works for me and I have a lot of break through bleeding and it messes up my body and takes a while to re-adjust. Does anyone know if it would work for me to bring on my pill free week early - so take my pills for the next few days, stop this Sunday (12th), restart on the (19th) and then holiday (26th)

Would this

A) make my "period" come early eg just after the 12th - as I have not long had a break.
B) would I still be protected and bleed free for the 26th

This is driving me insane so any help would be much appreciated!

I think you need to take 21 days worth or you aren't protected during a break so I don't think that will work. It's possible your doctor could give you something to stop the breakthrough bleeding though.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I think you need to take 21 days worth or you aren't protected during a break so I don't think that will work. It's possible your doctor could give you something to stop the breakthrough bleeding though.

Even if I'm not protected I'd still rather no be bleeding and have to use extra protection.

My doctors appt is not until the 20th so if they can't give me anything I was hoping to have a back up plan in place by moving my period forward - do you think this aspect of it would work?

Oh the joys of being a girl! Thanks for your reply
Original post by <3Music
Even if I'm not protected I'd still rather no be bleeding and have to use extra protection.

My doctors appt is not until the 20th so if they can't give me anything I was hoping to have a back up plan in place by moving my period forward - do you think this aspect of it would work?

Oh the joys of being a girl! Thanks for your reply

There's no guarantee it would work, it could put your hormones levels out of wack. Some chemists stock norethisterone which you wont need a prescription for but that's only meant for when you arent already taking hormones though.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
There's no guarantee it would work, it could put your hormones levels out of wack. Some chemists stock norethisterone which you wont need a prescription for but that's only meant for when you arent already taking hormones though.

Thank you again for replying.

If I was to get the norethisterone from the chemist and stop taking my pill up until my holiday do you think that would be ok or cause my problems than good. I will double check with the pharmacist but would be good to hear your input?
Original post by <3Music
Thank you again for replying.

If I was to get the norethisterone from the chemist and stop taking my pill up until my holiday do you think that would be ok or cause my problems than good. I will double check with the pharmacist but would be good to hear your input?

Might cause more problems than good but see what a pharmacist suggests.
i had mine when i was 6, it it normal considering i'm a man???

Quick Reply

Latest